I have apps on my phone from the manufacturer that i will never use. Can i delete them?

Here is a list of apps that i want to delete that i will never use:
    Voice Notes
    AIM
    MySpace
    BlackBerry HELP
    Google Talk
    MemoPad
    ICQ??????
    Yahoo Messenger
    Search

If you go to Options - Advanced Options - Applications... None of those Apps listed in bold are here.. So where/how can i delete those?

Thanks
    08-11-09 09:14 PM
    First of all, have you tried using the desktop man? If you plug your BB in to your machine and open the desktop man, Click on App loader>add/remove apps. Hopefully it will list EVERYTHING loaded on your BB and you can uncheck the apps you want to remove and click finish. I am running DM 5.0. I know it says that I am newbie, but I have been a berry addict for 6 years. Hope this tidbit helps.
    Last edited by blkbryadict; 08-11-09 at 09:26 PM.
    08-11-09 09:23 PM
    I have apps on my phone from the manufacturer that i will never use. Can i delete them?

Here is a list of apps that i want to delete that i will never use:
    Voice Notes
    AIM
    MySpace
    BlackBerry HELP
    Google Talk
    MemoPad
    ICQ??????
    Yahoo Messenger
    Search

If you go to Options - Advanced Options - Applications... None of those Apps listed in bold are here.. So where/how can i delete those?

Thanks
    AIM, GTalk, ICQ and YM not showing in the app list? that's odd
    08-11-09 09:31 PM
    First of all, have you tried using the desktop man? If you plug your BB in to your machine and open the desktop man, Click on App loader>add/remove apps. Hopefully it will list EVERYTHING loaded on your BB and you can uncheck the apps you want to remove and click finish. I am running DM 5.0. I know it says that I am newbie, but I have been a berry addict for 6 years. Hope this tidbit helps.
    Ok yes of course i have hooked my phone up using DM.. When i go to App loader>add/remove apps the ONLY apps to pop up are:

Opera Mini
    BlackBerry App World
    FaceBook
    Slacker Radio

Now i am using DM v4.5, i have no idea if it makes a difference then what you are using

So have any ideas now?
    08-11-09 09:35 PM
    This is what i have listed in my Applications: I do not see any that i listed in my previous post there

Blackberry 4.5.0 Core App
    Blackberry 4.5.0 System
    Blackberry Attachment S....
    Blackberry Maps
    Blackberry Messenger
    BrickBreaker
    Browser
    Documents To Go
    Email Setup Application
    FaceBook
    MemoPad
    Opera Mini
    Password Keeper
    Phone
    Slacker Radio
    08-11-09 09:39 PM
    Were they ever installed or are they just the icons? My guess is icons. Just hide them is about all you can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 09:41 PM
    Were they ever installed or are they just the icons? My guess is icons. Just hide them is about all you can do.

I did hide the icons, but i want them gone. If it is taking up memory and i am not using them then why have them?
    08-11-09 09:47 PM
    This is a test post from my bb. So why are my apps not dshowing up then?

08-11-09 09:50 PM
    The icons take up very little memory you can delete them but when service books get sent they show up again. So it is just easier to hide. Good luck.

08-11-09 09:55 PM
    i deleted them in my service book, but when i do quick pull or a battery pull theyre back. i finally gave up
    08-11-09 09:58 PM
    That is what I was trying to say. Just hide them they really don't take that much space.

08-11-09 10:03 PM
    i deleted them in my service book, but when i do quick pull or a battery pull theyre back. i finally gave up
    ahhh ok i found them in Service Books...

So if you pull the battery or re=send service books they reload then?
    08-11-09 10:07 PM
    Yes that is correct.

08-11-09 10:08 PM
    Yes that is correct.

welp that sux.. I have then hidden then
    08-11-09 10:18 PM
    have you downloaded your BB OS install files? You might be able to just reinstall the OS and remove apps you don't want.
    08-12-09 07:42 AM
    Why don't you try Maxmem for on device deletion of certain apps; Crackmem or shrink-a-OS for deleting on computer then reinstalling OS. There are ways to do this.

08-12-09 08:08 AM
    if you dont see them in the app list.. ie.. google talk, myspace etc, those are service books, if you delete the service book, they will come right back next time they are pushed.. just hide them, they dont take up memory unless you install them. Plain and simple. As far as voice dial.. crackmem can remove that, as well as the carrier theme if you dont want it either.
    08-12-09 08:15 AM
    if you dont see them in the app list.. ie.. google talk, myspace etc, those are service books, if you delete the service book, they will come right back next time they are pushed.. just hide them, they dont take up memory unless you install them. Plain and simple. As far as voice dial.. crackmem can remove that, as well as the carrier theme if you dont want it either.
    Yes Rachael all the apps that i listed are under the Service Books
    08-12-09 10:47 AM
    You cant remove them permantley, once they are pushed again they will reappear, they are not taking up memory, as i said, unless installed.., Hide them.
    08-12-09 11:14 AM
    I created a folder named sprint stuff should be sprint cr-p just to clean up the app page. Out of site out of mind...
    08-12-09 11:21 AM
    You cant remove them permantley, once they are pushed again they will reappear, they are not taking up memory, as i said, unless installed.., Hide them.
    They are all hidden..
    08-12-09 11:22 AM
    I created a folder named sprint stuff should be sprint cr-p just to clean up the app page. Out of site out of mind...
    I did a similar thing...made a folder called "unused" and put all the extra junk in it. Then I hid that folder.
    08-12-09 01:06 PM
    I did a similar thing...made a folder called "unused" and put all the extra junk in it. Then I hid that folder.
    Hmm that is a good idea too.. Thanks
    08-12-09 01:08 PM
    There should be a sticky or a bb 101 on what can be deleted or what can be deleted to save memory. I don't think there is any apps to delete unless you activate them to download to the phone..hmm maybe docs to go.
    08-12-09 02:14 PM
    They're not the actual programs. The icons just act as links to download the Apps. So they're hardly taking up any space :]
    08-12-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD