Hi,
    I am trying to delete non format compatible ring tones, from my BB C 8320. However, I am noticing that when I tick delete on the BB, a couple of different ways I might add, that they are still appearing in the list of available ringers. They are showing up as unavailable as they contain 0kb of info, even after trying them out and listening to them prior to dl. At any rate, should I be doing this via software, like DTM for bb. I am on a MAC, and it is not compatible, but could maybe run via parallel right? Also, noticing that Opera mini beta v4, does not work for me and will not log on. It attempts to install, but then truncates and gives me an error message. Is anyone else having problems loading or installing O-mini v4? Installed earlier version, but want to try the newer one. Also, want to delete beta v4. What to do and how? Sorry for long post.
    Angel
    10-07-07 02:38 AM
    Try a battery pull for those deleted tones to disappear. At least thts what I do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-07 04:50 AM
    Once there is NO padlock next to the ringtone, it should delete. But, yes, Solachica is right, strangely enough sometimes you have to do a battery pull...
    10-07-07 05:04 AM
    I had performed a battery pull earlier for something else, and yes, that did it quite by coincidence. Thanks for putting the knowledge where it belongs. Great site!
    Angel
    10-07-07 02:30 PM
    Hi,
    I am trying to delete non format compatible ring tones, from my BB C 8320. However, I am noticing that when I tick delete on the BB, a couple of different ways I might add, that they are still appearing in the list of available ringers. They are showing up as unavailable as they contain 0kb of info, even after trying them out and listening to them prior to dl. At any rate, should I be doing this via software, like DTM for bb. I am on a MAC, and it is not compatible, but could maybe run via parallel right? Also, noticing that Opera mini beta v4, does not work for me and will not log on. It attempts to install, but then truncates and gives me an error message. Is anyone else having problems loading or installing O-mini v4? Installed earlier version, but want to try the newer one. Also, want to delete beta v4. What to do and how? Sorry for long post.
    Angel
    i was having the same problem with deleting my ringtones and at first i thought it was jus tme but I guess not but i just loaded the softreset on my phone because it's quicker to me.
    10-12-07 03:48 AM
    i was having the same problem with deleting my ringtones and at first i thought it was jus tme but I guess not but i just loaded the softreset on my phone because it's quicker to me.
    Hey,
    What is the soft-reset?
    Angel
    10-13-07 01:35 PM
    Hey,
    What is the soft-reset?
    Angel
    it's software that you use to do a hard reset without having to pull your battery to me it saves time.

geek and proud - BlackBerry Software
    Last edited by jhaebre; 10-13-07 at 08:21 PM.
    10-13-07 07:58 PM
    Thanks!
    Angel
    10-13-07 11:21 PM
    Nice tip on the SoftReset app. FYI, works on an 8830 also.
    10-30-07 01:13 PM
    Pulling the battery worked for me as well.
    03-12-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD