I am trying to free up some memory on my Bold 9000 and I would like to know how to go about getting rid of the pre-installed factory apps (you know, like mobile banking and the game demos, ect).
    If this has already been discussed, then please link the page, so I may read.
    Thanks in advance.
    03-29-10 12:53 AM
    Download FileScout - browse and locate the demo files - select delete from the menu.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 02:42 AM
    The stuff that's carrier pushed (like mobile banking, and game demos) are just launchers, and don't take up a significant amount of memory. You can delete them, but they will reappear the next time service books are pushed.

+1 on FileScout. It is perfect for deleting the sample pictures and videos.
    03-29-10 09:21 AM
    Lots of tips for managing memory here: How to Free Up Memory on your BlackBerry Smartphone | CrackBerry.com

My 9000 has lots of apps and runs well following those instructions.
    03-29-10 11:03 AM
    filescout does not work on 5.0 the way it did on 4.6. RIM has blocked some of that functionality. you can read http://www.emacberry.com/bbfilescout.htmlthat at file scout's website. 5.0NOT SUPPORTED!
    03-29-10 11:16 AM
    Dangit, filescout don't word with 5.xx, anything else thatll work?

04-01-10 02:29 AM
    Dangit, filescout don't word with 5.xx, anything else thatll work?

sample Video could be simply deleted with the integrated Video app (simply select the file and choose 'delete' from the Menu)...

For the pictures you have to remove the corresponding COD file with tools like CrackUtil...

IMHO the Video is the worse - and that can be simply deleted with build in software...
    04-07-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD