so the story is...i have a bold, and i just got 4 months ago, and my bold keeps on restarting and keeps on doing this thing where i loose all my important apps, including texts and bbm and it returns to the ugly att wallpaper instead of my personal wallpaper (and gives me error warning about differnt things, which are in computer language). i really like the facebook app and really scared to dl the updated version because of this problem. i think this problem has been happening since i installed facebook. but being new to the blackberry world and all, i cant delete the app! i pressed the menu button while highlighting the facebook app on the downloads folder, but it doesnt give me the option to delete it, can someone help?
    04-22-09 12:31 AM
    To delete ANY 3rd part apps, go to option>Advanced>Aplications> Then you can delete from there.
    04-22-09 12:37 AM
    You can delete it from the applications directory.
    Option--)advanced options---)applications

Look for it here and you should be abl to delete it. I would wait and learn more about your problems before deleting facebook, a cracberry genius may help solve your problems without deleting it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-22-09 12:39 AM
    Sorry...joeymoose beat me by two minutes...haha

04-22-09 12:43 AM
    It's ok your on you BB
    04-22-09 12:43 AM
    so the story is...i have a bold, and i just got 4 months ago, and my bold keeps on restarting and keeps on doing this thing where i loose all my important apps, including texts and bbm and it returns to the ugly att wallpaper instead of my personal wallpaper (and gives me error warning about differnt things, which are in computer language). i really like the facebook app and really scared to dl the updated version because of this problem. i think this problem has been happening since i installed facebook. but being new to the blackberry world and all, i cant delete the app! i pressed the menu button while highlighting the facebook app on the downloads folder, but it doesnt give me the option to delete it, can someone help?
    your probably still on OS 4.6.0.167 which for some users causes null.javascript errors and random reboots and missing wallpaper
    what you need to do is upgrade your device to 4.6.0.247 which is in a sticky on the top of this 9000 forum with instructions that you need to read and comprehend before you try it
    to delete any third party app go to options>advanced options> applications> highlight the application you want to delete>press function key then select delete ...your device will prompt you to reboot...allow it to reboot
    04-22-09 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD