Deleting my additional calendars for Facebook as well as the calendars for both of my email addresses made for a big improvement of the overall response on my 9530. This allows only one calendar (device calendar) to store and display all of your schedule. Also, doing this and using Google Sync, I eliminated a problem I had with duplicate calendar entries.

On device, go to: Advanced Options > Service Book > Delete any CICAL you don't need...Facebook should be 1st to go.
    09-21-09 09:49 PM
    The only issue I see with this is when servicebooks get pushed back to your BB. Will they reappear?

I guess as long as your diligent to make sure they are removed anytime the servicebooks come back, it should work just fine.
    09-22-09 07:54 AM
    The only issue I see with this is when servicebooks get pushed back to your BB. Will they reappear?

I guess as long as your diligent to make sure they are removed anytime the servicebooks come back, it should work just fine.
    I have deleted my other calendars as mentioned above and the only time the service books reappear is when I manually Resend service books through the BIS.
    09-22-09 10:48 AM
    It did seem to free up some memory, I wish I would've took a note of exacly how much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-09 01:45 PM
    Ever since I've deleted the extra calendars my memory has been this "14345115 Bytes" or more.
    Thanks for that! Before it was way bellow 10000000

09-23-09 01:22 AM
    Thanks for that tip. I'm on a hybrid OS and thought my bb couldn't get any faster but it did and I got a little bit more free memory to use up
    09-23-09 10:10 AM
    so do you delete all the calendars but the default?? or just leave the default and 1 email one???
    09-23-09 10:25 PM
    Thank you

SBC
    09-24-09 08:04 AM
    so do you delete all the calendars but the default?? or just leave the default and 1 email one???
    You cant delete the default calendar. This is the only one we want, delete ones listed under your email address and facebook. As you delete these, any events on the previous on are rolled over to the default calendar.
    09-24-09 11:44 AM
    thank you for posting; useful to have it clean and lean

09-24-09 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD