i tried to get a few apps on my style. when it tried, it gave the message "application not available" or something similar. it put the app on the download list but not downloading it. now i cant delete it. when i highlight it and hit menu there is not a delete option. i looked in option-device-etc and not there since they arent installed. hlp pls??????
    03-25-11 01:18 PM
    The easiest way to remove these apps right now is to use BBSAK and remove the .cod files associated with theapp.

You will have to look carefully for the correct .cod file(s) and be aware that there may be more than one associated with any given app.

If you post a list of the apps you wish to remove, then others here may be able to offer expert removal advice.

With free OTA apps this sort of thing is not uncommon. I cannot understand why people buy a really expensive phone and then risk it like this with crap apps. This is just ASKING for trouble.
    03-25-11 01:32 PM
    +1 Pete

I usually try to refrain from getting free apps if a paid one exist for the above reasons, you compromise on quality and the paid apps are not that expensive anyway, 2-5 USD on average
    03-25-11 04:16 PM
    Sometimes the apps you buy do the same thing. Had one that cost about $20 through Crackberry, that I had grown tired of. Deleted it as I have always done, icon gone, app gone also? Nope not completely. Kept getting strange error messages everytime I rebooted the phone, phone worked fine but it was annoying.

BBSAK to the rescue, located 3 "leftover" cod files carrying a portion of the apps name. Removed them this way and problem solved.
    03-27-11 02:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD