Now when I delete an app that I've installed from App World, instead of removing it from my phone altogether as I wish to do, it changes the icon in the Downloads folder to the same as the original one, only with an arrow pointing left and the word (Archived) appended.

This is so annoying! Is this happening to anyone else? How do you fully and completely delete the app?

Happening on my Storm, Tour and 8900 alike.
    08-27-09 09:52 AM
    Its just a shortcut that allows you to reinstall the app. Just hide it and its gone from view.
    08-27-09 09:54 AM
    Its just a shortcut that allows you to reinstall the app. Just hide it and its gone from view.
    What a joke. I want to delete it, I don't want to have to delete it, then hide it, then delete it again. This seems to be a new "feature" that RIM has instituted since the upgrade to App World. I don't like it, personally.
    08-27-09 09:57 AM
    You can delete it go to app world then select my apps look for the app you want to delete then press menu button then delete. That should get rid of that folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 11:21 AM
    I've only noticed this on the Golden Thumb games... it's like you can only have one game installed at a time or something, and clicking on the link to the "Archived" game does nothing for me. The only way to install it again is to go back to App World, but then the other GT game becomes "archived". Very annoying...
    08-27-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD