If I delete information from service books will it give me a gain in device memory? There are a few things in the service book that I know I dont want. Such as vpl Youtube(mainly because I dont know if this is a short cut or a program to view), VZWTones VPL,VPL VCast Song Id, Flickr VPL.

Are these ok to delete, and if so what benefit will come? Mainly Im looking for more memory. Would also like to know the same info for my tour. Thanks
    10-01-09 10:23 AM
    This will not benefit you and they will come back when you reboot your phone. They are apps pushed by vzw and you can't really get rid of them. Its pushed by Verizon cause they want you to dl it. If you want to free up some memory, do an update, dl logmaid, and delete an app you don't use too often

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-09 10:59 AM
    This will not benefit you and they will come back when you reboot your phone. They are apps pushed by vzw and you can't really get rid of them. Its pushed by Verizon cause they want you to dl it. If you want to free up some memory, do an update, dl logmaid, and delete an app you don't use too often

Ive been through the application list to delete a few things. I was just wanting to see if I could add even more. Over the next year I will be adding a few more fun sports apps, and worried about it slowing the device.
    10-01-09 11:10 AM
    What is your free app memory at? You should be fine running at least 10mb. Update to the latest 5.0 or maybe 4.7.0.151. They both handle memory well. If still on 4.7 you could dl meterberry and keep an eye on it that way. Watch your memory leak and don't let it leak too much. If it does then an app must be leaking and you can delete it. I'm running 25+ apps and booting smoothly with 20mb.

10-01-09 11:22 AM
    What is your free app memory at? You should be fine running at least 10mb. Update to the latest 5.0 or maybe 4.7.0.151. They both handle memory well. If still on 4.7 you could dl meterberry and keep an eye on it that way. Watch your memory leak and don't let it leak too much. If it does then an app must be leaking and you can delete it. I'm running 25+ apps and booting smoothly with 20mb.

I start my day with a battery pull/reboot on my way to work. Gives me peace for the 30mins... From that til I do it again I run from 30mb down to 18 or 20. then back up. Just depends on if I have deleted several days texts, or other things like that. If I deleted all prior texts/emails/pics/videos I get up to 35. Pretty exciting days when those happen. that is without any apps...
    10-01-09 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD