So my addiction to CB and my BB has gone into overdrive. I am finding so many apps and things to put on my BB in these forums. Some work for me, some don't....
    My question is this.... on the computer when you d/l or install things, but then go back and uninstall, there are still traces left that eat up memory and cause some conflicts at times.
    Does this happen with the BB... I want to try out all the cool stuff on my berry, but i don't want to have to go in and re install the os down the road like i have to on my computer when it all gets loaded up with these files/etc.
    When you uninstall an app, is it wiped completely?

If i sync it with desktop manager, does it save those apps on the computer.
    Can i uncheck them in app manager and save them for later if i think i may use them down the line, or better just to delete and d/l again when i need them? I know all the stuff i have seen have frequent updates and if i keep them on app manager, i don't have the newest version.

Just a few Newb ?'s
    08-30-08 09:18 AM
    I'm a bit of a newb myself, but from what I understand.....

1. As long as you restart the BB after uninstalling you should be fine. There is no "defrag" or anything like that. Restarting the BB will take the last bits of info off the device.

2. These apps are not saved to the computer. When you load DM and try to put on an app, it finds the file where it's been saved to your computer. I would start a folder with the .cod files if you ever want to load the app on at a later date.
    08-30-08 09:56 AM
    So OTA files are not copied/saved. You just have to remove them and find them later, if they still exist.
    08-30-08 10:02 AM
    That is correct. DTM Sync only copies data from your Contacts, Calendar, Memos and To-do list.

Backup copies more data, but not installed applications.

If you need to backup third party applications, check out this How-To thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    08-30-08 10:08 AM
    Programs on BB are a lot more simple than those on a PC. They are usually only 1 or 2 files on the BB. The reason why on a pc stuff is left behind after uninstalling a program is due to several things. The developers were sloppy in their design of the install/unintstall, files were in use by things that should be accessing them (a flawed design of windows), assumptions are made that the program will be reinstalled and settings or similar data is left behind, and the worst is trial ware leaving stuff behind so you can't install again as if it was never installed to use it indefinately. Problem is there are numerous ways around trial ware restrictions just like all sorts of other copyright protection measures. Fortunately all of these problems don't exist on BB. I know on palm trial ware leaves traces behind but there are apps you can use to monitor installs to get rid of the traces.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD