I just deleted an app that was about 2mb max,
    It took 6 minutes!

And then when it was done, it came up with a restart option,
    And was frozen on that for about 30 seconds.

I have a bunch of apps, that I don't use, and I don't want to delete them, because it takes too long.

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem,
    Or if its just my phone,

It happened on my 8520 as well,

Also, a quick question,
    Whenever I try to download something, it always comes up "download failed".. No matter what it is!
    I can't even get a 2mb pdf file.
    Its driving me crazy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 08:30 AM
    Did you try removing then using desktop manager?

app that are currently in used will need a restart (so make sure you close them before deleting it), but I know some apps does ask for a restart and don't really need to, using desktop manager it will figure out and restart your phone automatically if needed it.

about the waiting time while uninstalling, kind of hard to tell you what's going on, it depends of how much app you have running in the background, and it could be a lot more than just apps (like phone defect).

about the speed we need a little more info, because if you try to get a pdf file using edge, it will take time, or worst if you use gsm.
    03-02-11 08:50 AM
    I didn't actually think of using desktop manager!
    Thank you for that suggestion,

And I am using 3G.
    I never put my phone on 2G. Its too slow lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-11 09:08 AM
    question, i want to delete an app i don't use and the desktop mangr. keeps saying
    "loading operation cancel by user" and closes. how can i open it to delete these apps?

thanks,
    03-02-11 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD