Ok I will start with my scenario..

I was using OS 5 until OS 6 came in and when I installed OS 6 i deleted many apps like Doc to go (using Shrink-A-Os) and many a things from that...

Now the problem it, I downgraded it to OS 5 ... I wiped my device using BBSAK and then downgraded it with Os 5 (Full OS no Shrinking) ...

Those all apps i deleted on OS6 are not there on my OS 5 even after fully wiping my device...

What can I do about it?

Can anyone guide me...??
    12-16-10 08:56 PM
    What apps are you talking about? Were they apps that you downloaded from the Appworld? Or were they links that came with the OS5? Give me some examples of App Names.
    12-16-10 11:11 PM
    Stock application like words to go docs to go...stock games...

Those I had deleted on OS 6..

But Now i have Wiped my device using BBSAK and installed OS 5(not shrinked at all -full OS)

Still I dont have those apps on my BB...

I am confused..
    12-16-10 11:32 PM
    Where did you get this version of OS5? If it wasn't from Blackberry.com then it might not contain some of the apps that came with the stock version of the OS.

Have you tried downloading them from Appworld?
    12-16-10 11:36 PM
    It was from Blackberry and it was a Offical .862 Release Link and I got it from Crackberry itself...
    12-16-10 11:40 PM
    Crackberry doesn't have the official releases, do you mean you got it from Blackberry itself?

I would try to download the apps again from the Appworld.
    12-16-10 11:47 PM
    LOL! I meant I downloaded the link which I got from here and it was Vodafone.DE link of 862

BlackBerry Bold 9700
    12-17-10 12:07 AM
    LOL! I meant I downloaded the link which I got from here and it was Vodafone.DE link of 862

BlackBerry Bold 9700
    Ok that should work fine, then. Is this the same OS5 that was on the phone before? Most likely you get a different version of the OS, which will still work fine. Just download whatever you want from Appworld, most of the apps are probably free.
    12-17-10 12:28 AM
    I had some Old OS with 9700 in that we could click the standby button and green and * to unlock.. I cant recall which OS was that!...

Then I upgraded it to .862 and everything was working fine all apps where there...

Then I wiped by device and Upgraded to OS 6 the 1st release.

I shrinked my OS 6 and deleted some stock apps and games cods from the java folder before installing it on my device...

After using it for few weeks I wiped my device and Installed back os5 862 and those games and apps i had deleted on os 6 were not present on os5 either...
    12-17-10 12:35 AM
    Then download them from Appworld.
    NawtyBoy likes this.
    12-17-10 12:37 AM
    After you installed the OS on your PC, did you even launch Shrink-an-OS? The reason I ask is because it retains the previous settings from the last time you used it and it could have removed those cods by accident. Also, it's a good idea to uninstall all OSs from your PC, except for the one you are installing in the device.

Also, have you launched loader.exe to see if it'll install thos apps? In loader you have the option to select what you want to install, not an option with BBSAK.

If this were happening to me, instead of spending all the time trying to figure out what I did wrong, I would just start all over.... uninstall the OS from the PC, restart, reinstall the OS to the PC, connect device, remove vendor.xml, and install OS using loader.exe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    NawtyBoy likes this.
    12-17-10 12:41 AM
    Thanks BlackBerryMonk

Thanks starchit I will try your advise and you guys know

Thanks again...
    12-17-10 01:17 AM
    Ok that should work fine, then. Is this the same OS5 that was on the phone before? Most likely you get a different version of the OS, which will still work fine. Just download whatever you want from Appworld, most of the apps are probably free.
    I've never seen a 9700 OS that didn't contain Docs To Go and the stock games. Have you?

I'm not sure if you've done a lot of OS shrinking, but RIM doesn't try to minimize the files in there. If it's 5.0.0.862, then there's no variance between the releases of different carriers except the languages and the Platform version.

I know you work for RIM and all...
    12-17-10 02:24 AM
    Muwhahahah! 9700 poor cok sukers! The 9780 has os 6 and u can install all the apps u want and stil have 270 mb free!

Buhwwhahha
    looooooooooooosssssseeeeeerrrrrrrr!!

Poor beggers using shrink - a -os to save their memory

want some memory?? Heheheh, go buy a fukin' device with 512 mb of ram or just stick to ur old outdated os 5 u wannabe 9780ers

muwhahaha
    yeah yeah yeah ML. lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-10 03:04 AM
    Muwhahahah! 9700 poor cok sukers! The 9780 has os 6 and u can install all the apps u want and stil have 270 mb free!

Buhwwhahha
    looooooooooooosssssseeeeeerrrrrrrr!!

Poor beggers using shrink - a -os to save their memory

want some memory?? Heheheh, go buy a fukin' device with 512 mb of ram or just stick to ur old outdated os 5 u wannabe 9780ers

muwhahaha
    Just wondering is your other ID banned from here Matrix Sucker?

*****... lol you love me so much that you created a nick like mine?

But sorry I aint a gay unlike you... So forgive me for DOG sake...
    12-17-10 03:40 AM
    After you installed the OS on your PC, did you even launch Shrink-an-OS? The reason I ask is because it retains the previous settings from the last time you used it and it could have removed those cods by accident. Also, it's a good idea to uninstall all OSs from your PC, except for the one you are installing in the device.

Also, have you launched loader.exe to see if it'll install thos apps? In loader you have the option to select what you want to install, not an option with BBSAK.

If this were happening to me, instead of spending all the time trying to figure out what I did wrong, I would just start all over.... uninstall the OS from the PC, restart, reinstall the OS to the PC, connect device, remove vendor.xml, and install OS using loader.exe.
    Thanks BlackBerryMonk

Thanks starchit I will try your advise and you guys know

Thanks again...
    Starchit is on the right track here.

Curious, what OS's did you still have on your PC at this time? You said you had used 862 before trying 6. Did you ever delete that previous download of 862? If not, did you shrink it the first time you had 862?

Like Starchit said, unless you're a more advanced user it's best to delete/uninstall any previous OS's from your PC before installing the next one.

Have you looked at your Java folder to see if the MIA apps are present? Do you know what you're looking for?
    12-17-10 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD