So, I see a preinstalled facebook app here (or shortcut?) at Downloads.
    When I click on it, it says "The protocol specified is not supported by the handheld. Please try a different URL."

Then I decided to download the facebook app from the BB website, but it told me that I have 2 facebook apps installed and I should remove one, so I went to the apps page, but I only found the one I just installed from the BB website...

How do I delete the preinstalled one ? The only thing I can do is hide it. Even if I completely hide it and install the fresh FB app from the BB site, it still gives me a message that I have 2 FB apps installed.
    04-19-10 02:12 PM
    go into options> application> add-ons> highligh facebook apps> menu> delete... reboot when prompted... then try downloading again if you want it... other wise if you dont want it, there will be a shortcut on your screen and that is just that a shortcut, you can hide that but cannot delete it as its not a app its simply a browser shortcut to download it
    04-19-10 02:15 PM
    thats the problem. i dont see the facebook app. its just a shortcut that doesn't work... I can hide it but then if I install the new one I keep getting notices at the top of the menu that i have a duplicate program installed.
    04-19-10 02:17 PM
    It is just a shortcut sent to you courtesy of your friendly carrier. It is propagated by the Service Books and will be sent each time they are sent (which can be anytime).

This thing is just a link and takes up virtually no memory on your phone.

To get it off your screen, the easiest way is to highlight it, press Menu and select Hide. Gone.

To remove it, from your Service Books (but it will come back one day) go to Options, Advanced Options, Service Book and scroll down till you see and entry Facebook [BrowserConfig], highlight it, press Menu and select Delete.
    04-19-10 02:33 PM
    OR, you can take all the links from your download folder, as well as that, create a folder named "Junk" , put them in there, and hide the folder and viola!
    04-19-10 02:54 PM
    OR, you can take all the links from your download folder, as well as that, create a folder named "Junk" , put them in there, and hide the folder and viola!
    I love you.
    04-19-10 08:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD