I have the same problem. I unchecked the "sync facebook calendar" option, but ALL my facebook friends birthdays still show up in my calendar. and i don't care at allllll about them. every other day is bold like I have an event that actually matters.
    Has anyone found a way to delete all the facebook birthdays of friends??
    THANKS!
    10-20-09 09:24 AM
    I'm running FB 1.7, all my birthdays disappeared from my calender and only "events" from FB showed up. I deleted the events, unchecked "Calendar" in the FB app. That prevents events from showing up. I WANTED my FB friends' birthdays in my calendar but I could only "sync" those who I have as a contact in my phone. So only the people in my address book on my phone are listed in my calendar. I had to go through the FB to "friends" and click "refresh BB contact" on every friend and it seemed to work.
    10-20-09 01:45 PM
    They shouldn't be listed in your Calendar unless they are "linked" to one of your blackberry contacts. You might have to go in and one by one "disconnect" the friend in FB from their blackberry contact. It's worth a try
    10-20-09 01:47 PM
    you can delete the calendar from bb desktop manager, go into advanced backup options then you will see a list of the databases, there from your contacts, to call logs etc. just delete the database you want... if I find the step by step I will repost
    10-23-09 04:48 PM
    No problem everyone! Glad I could help you guys out.
    I need to add my thanks as well. This was driving me crazy and your fix work for me.
    11-30-09 12:26 PM
    It looks like that feature is not available in the MacOS X version of the Desktop Manager, correct?
    11-30-09 05:37 PM
    Thanks for showing us how to take that stupid facebook calendar off! I even removed the app off my phone and the calendar still stayed on there. How annoying.
    11-30-09 07:47 PM
    Love the folks on Crackberry! I was having this same disastrous problem. NO! I DON'T WANT TO COME TO YOUR STUPID PARTY RANDOM FACEBOOK FRIEND I HAVEN'T TALKED TO IN YEARS! WHY IS YOUR EVENT STILL IN MY PHONE TAKING UP ALL THE SPACES FOR THE STUFF I ACTUALLY NEED TO DO?!

A combo of all these tricks finally did it. Thanks so much for the help!
    12-10-09 07:16 PM
    I solved my issue with the facebook calendar once. I got all of the birthdays and stupid events FINALLY off of my calendar. I have the box unchecked with the facebook app so it shouldn't be syncing my calendar. However, after about 4 days, I look on my calendar this morning and guess what...all of the facebook calendar events are back! This is one of the most frustrating apps I've ever had to deal with. Has anyone else run into the issue of the app continually updating your calendar even after it's been deleted and the options changed so it shouldn't be doing that? Thanks!
    12-14-09 12:53 PM
    I found all the events and birthdays on my calendar to be very annoying so i tried to look for ways to delete them and found this thread. I have finally figured out how to fully delete all the events in my BlackBerry calendar.

First I had to go to the Facebook App and under Options, uncheck the sync calendar option. Then Options, Advanced Options, Default Services, change your preferred account under Calendar. Then I went to Options, Advanced Options, Service books, and deleted the Facebook option. The last step was to go to the BlackBerry calendar itself, click the Blackberry button and click Select Calendar, double click default. Open Select Calendar again and double click Show All at the top.

Hope that helps!
    12-19-09 01:00 AM
    I'm not sure if someone has posted this already, but after you disable the facebook calendar and change your CICAL in the default services, you can go to your calendar and then menu > options and press RSET on your keyboard and this will completely erase your calendars, including the facebook birthdays.
    01-06-10 04:09 PM
    I solved my issue with the facebook calendar once. I got all of the birthdays and stupid events FINALLY off of my calendar. I have the box unchecked with the facebook app so it shouldn't be syncing my calendar. However, after about 4 days, I look on my calendar this morning and guess what...all of the facebook calendar events are back! This is one of the most frustrating apps I've ever had to deal with. Has anyone else run into the issue of the app continually updating your calendar even after it's been deleted and the options changed so it shouldn't be doing that? Thanks!
    From what I read, a few people have touched on all the right points but haven't brought them together to identify this maddening cycle.

I've been struggling with this for over 6 months, and gave up. It appears that although you tell the Facebook App NOT to sync the calendar, it assumes you want a birthday entry when you link a BB contact to Facebook.

If you delete the calendar, or the birthday events, they will come back - give it a few days The reason I want all available contacts linked is to get their Company they work for, and their Facebook picture - NOT THEIR BIRTHDAY.

Personally there are only about 1/3 of the "linked" BlackBerry contacts I actually want birthday events for - I have no qualms about putting them in myself!

Facebook, if you're reading this, you need the calendar entries to respect the Calendar syncing preference.

SO... in lieu of a real fix, all we can do is follow the instructions of others in this thread:

1) erase all calendar entries (using a number of previously stated methods)

2) Set your preferred calendar as the default - the trick with this one is to make SURE the Facebook calendar is ALREADY in your phone before you do this. I once had a problem where I erased the FB calendar, then made my Gmail calendar default, then the FB calendar came back and made itself the default This is where duplicate entries occur

3) Make sure that when you sync (DM, Google Sync, Etc) you sync it to your primary calendar if you can choose

4) Facebook will continue to refresh the birthday entries for your contacts as it pleases, but it won't show up on your default calendar, therefore not bothering you or your syncing! All the while you can continue to enjoy the other benefits of Facebook contact linking
    01-11-10 12:01 PM
    Actually latest version of FB app does not sync contacts automatically, like it did in version 1.5 i think, where it found ALL my contacts and linked them to the ones i had in my address book DESPITE the fact that they where written in Greek characters. That was really impressive then. Now, in order to have all birthdays displayed in the default calendar you need to go through all your FB friends and link them to the BB contact manually. Doing that i managed to have all FB friends' birthdays displayed in calendar
    01-12-10 12:59 AM
    Okay, so I'm on the Curve 8900 running 5.0.0.411 and FB 1.7.0.22 and here's what I did to get rid of the issue:

1. Make sure Facebook calendar sync isn't checked. If it is uncheck it and save
    2. Options-->Advanced Options-->Default Services-->Change to any other calendar (I have Gmail). Save
    3. Options-->Advanced Options-->Service Book. Delete any Facebook [CICAL] entries (this won't hurt you)
    4. Calendar-->Options. Scroll down to the calendars. Type 'wipe' only the letters and choose OK to erase all entries.
    5. Hard reset your device.
    6. Options-->Advanced Options-->Default Services-->Verify that the Facebook [CICAL] isn't back.
    7. Fire up and sync, I used Google Sync.
    8. No more Facebook calendar PERIOD.

Worked for me, hope it works for you.
    BBMarco01, Bob31464, myzhu and 1 others like this.
    01-13-10 10:15 AM
    What is DM? Sorry - new guy wants to punt his FB calendar because it interfers with my default calendar and now I'm missing alarms... Thanks - Tom
    01-14-10 04:45 PM
    UPDATE: 4 days later and a few reboots and it's still gone from my handheld. Also did a battery pull and it's didn't come back. Something to consider when you are looking to rid your device of this horrible affliction.
    01-17-10 11:21 AM
    What is DM? Sorry - new guy wants to punt his FB calendar because it interfers with my default calendar and now I'm missing alarms... Thanks - Tom
    Desktop Manager - search BlackBerry Desktop Manager for PC and Mac versions. Enjoy.
    01-17-10 11:50 AM
    To set the default calendar:

Options > Advanced Options > Default Services

To remove a calendar:

Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > Remove the CICAL service book for the calendar you want to remove.
    This worked for me....Thanks
    01-17-10 05:57 PM

To remove a calendar:

Options > Advanced Options > Service Books > Remove the CICAL service book for the calendar you want to remove.
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
    01-19-10 01:38 AM
    Okay, so I'm on the Curve 8900 running 5.0.0.411 and FB 1.7.0.22 and here's what I did to get rid of the issue:

2. Options-->Advanced Options-->Default Services-->Change to any other calendar (I have Gmail). Save
    3. Options-->Advanced Options-->Service Book. Delete any Facebook [CICAL] entries (this won't hurt you)
    4. Calendar-->Options. Scroll down to the calendars. Type 'wipe' only the letters and choose OK to erase all entries.
    6. Options-->Advanced Options-->Default Services-->Verify that the Facebook [CICAL] isn't back.

Thank you very much tafk. So far so good. I will keep you posted in the days to come to see if Facebook [CICAL] pops back up.
    02-10-10 01:02 AM
    Bottom line: You cannot remove the Facebook calendar permanently.

No, you didn't discover a new way to remove it permanently. Nobody knows what triggers the calendar to return but if you use the FB app, it will eventually return.
    02-25-10 07:02 PM

To remove a calendar:

This worked PERFECTLY for me! Thanks a ton! Stupid facebook calendar was driving me nuts!
    03-02-10 12:15 PM

Thanks so much, tafk! Worked like a charm
    03-07-10 04:41 PM

To remove a calendar:

This worked for me - thanks a bunch!
    03-17-10 02:27 PM
    I removed the overpowering facebook and got back my outlook calender sync just like I wanted... good stuff... trust this one for sure!!!
    03-24-10 11:59 PM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD