does anyone know how to delete all that nonsense that just takes up space, vznav, my verizon, vcast rhapsody, etc.?
    07-19-09 05:04 PM
    Actually, they aren't taking up much space. Unless you actually install the programs, they are just shortcuts that take you to the downloads. If they really bother you just hide the icons. Space isn't an issue, especially on the Tour!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 05:09 PM
    Actually, they aren't taking up much space. Unless you actually install the programs, they are just shortcuts that take you to the downloads. If they really bother you just hide the icons. Space isn't an issue, especially on the Tour!

Agreed, I just hide them. They are just icons pushed via the service books.
    07-19-09 05:15 PM
    Yes.

Also, I really wish vzw would stop pushing crap to my phone. If I wanna dl it, I know where to get it.
    07-19-09 05:51 PM
    Yes.

Also, I really wish vzw would stop pushing crap to my phone. If I wanna dl it, I know where to get it.
    Yeah but a lot of new BB users don't know where to get them.
    07-19-09 05:55 PM
    how do you delete the preloaded pictures that come on the Tour?
    07-19-09 06:55 PM
    Crackmem / shrink-a-os / bbfilescout (MAYBE on that last one)
    07-19-09 08:49 PM
    I delete them out of principle...Verizon doesn't deserve to have their apps on my phone...lack of wi-fi, slowly adapting to free gps etc...all reasons they don't deserve to be on my bb.
    (do I sound like a spoiled brat?)
    they're not apps. they're links and take up what, 10kb total?

And if the phone sucks so bad, why buy it? Rather than ***** about what's wrong with the thing, vote with your wallet, and go to another carrier.
    07-19-09 09:01 PM
    Yea i deleted those service books but every day verizon would push them back around 6pm. There is no way to avoid them. All you can do is hide the icons and thats it. No biggie they are taking up space anyway.

07-19-09 09:08 PM
    I think a lot of new BB user's like seeing the options of what they can dl and what programs are available to them. There are tons of users that will never go to a forum for info or know what's out there otherwise.
    07-19-09 09:09 PM
    I agree with RobK. It gives newbs something to build off of. Go get an iPhone if you hate VZW so much.
    07-20-09 04:49 AM
    I tried crackmem and it works great for the storm but not for the tour... does anyone think that shrinkaos would work for the tour?

and fontaine i think you have a very good point. i'm not saying i completely agree but i'm definitely not disagreeing.
    08-03-09 12:02 PM
    Go get an iPhone if you hate VZW so much.
    well the iphone might just be available (hopefully not exclusively) on VZW as early as next year once their exclusivity deal with AT&T expires . . .
    08-03-09 03:46 PM
    Yea i deleted those service books but every day verizon would push them back around 6pm. There is no way to avoid them. All you can do is hide the icons and thats it. No biggie they are taking up space anyway.

For some reason this cracks me the **** up. I was annoyed they were there but since they are in that folder I don't mind so much but had I took the time to clear them off and they reappeared I'd be pissed.
    08-03-09 04:00 PM
    I think first time BB users will find them helpful. With that being said more experienced users can hide or delete them. Doesn't bother me at all. If they weren't there this would be a thread of why they just don't put these apps on at the factory.

08-03-09 04:17 PM
    So once you hide the icon no amount of pushing them back upon you will return them to my screen? Also how do I unhide them if and when I feel a desire?

Thanks
    You highlight the icon and press the BB button, there you will have the "hide" and "show all" options and I only see these things when I install a new theme I don't know if others have the same experience. Hiding is an awesome feature
    09-05-09 09:40 PM
    This noob could care less that those icons are in a folder that doesn't get used anyway!!! If I download something, I take it out of that folder and put it on the main screen anyway.

09-05-09 09:56 PM
    It's easier to just set it to go to your main screen Goat. I don't remember how I did that but I did. I'm sure somebody here will remember how lol.
    09-05-09 10:26 PM
    It's easier to just set it to go to your main screen Goat. I don't remember how I did that but I did. I'm sure somebody here will remember how lol.
    Go into the Home folder and click the BB button, select the menu option 'Options' (same place you choose your background) and the first thing right on the top is 'Set Download Folder'. This will default to 'Download', however, if you delete the 'Download' folder, like I do, it will then default to the 'Home' folder.
    09-06-09 12:33 AM
    Anyone have an ota for shrinkaos. Only finding one site with it right now, but its down for maintnance

10-01-09 01:05 PM
    Anyone have an ota for shrinkaos. Only finding one site with it right now, but its down for maintnance

That program is for your PC. It helps you delete things you don't want on the phone then loads the OS to your phone. It's not meant (or will work) to be installed on the phone at all.
    10-01-09 02:02 PM
    so i downloaded shrinkaos, but i seem to be having trouble finding the install folder for my OS.
    10-01-09 07:05 PM
    so i downloaded shrinkaos, but i seem to be having trouble finding the install folder for my OS.
    C:/>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>Shared>Loader Files>OS file should be there.
    10-01-09 10:52 PM
    C:/>Program Files>Common Files>Research in Motion>Shared>Loader Files>OS file should be there.
    i don't seem to have the shared folder. i can find the RIM folder though, but yet the shared folder doesnt seem to be there
    10-01-09 11:26 PM
    i don't seem to have the shared folder. i can find the RIM folder though, but yet the shared folder doesnt seem to be there
    You have XP or Vista? It could be in the AppLoader file of the Research in Motion one.
    10-01-09 11:32 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD