Ive been messing around with my storm for a while installing new OS's and apps and the like. Im very comfortable with it, and its comfortable with me. What i STILL cant figure out is how to permanently delete AIM, Google Talk, Facebook, etc... I have deleted them in Service Book under advanced options but when i do a quickpull or a battery pull they are back. I dont use them and dont want them. I am running a Glass theme, viigo, and weatherbug all the time and i currently run about 45-51mb. i just want to get rid of the stuff i dont use permanently. AND i would post this in the how-to, but it wont let me. Help out please?!?
    04-22-09 11:41 AM
    Ive been messing around with my storm for a while installing new OS's and apps and the like. Im very comfortable with it, and its comfortable with me. What i STILL cant figure out is how to permanently delete AIM, Google Talk, Facebook, etc... I have deleted them in Service Book under advanced options but when i do a quickpull or a battery pull they are back. I dont use them and dont want them. I am running a Glass theme, viigo, and weatherbug all the time and i currently run about 45-51mb. i just want to get rid of the stuff i dont use permanently. AND i would post this in the how-to, but it wont let me. Help out please?!?
    If they are not listed in your apps section, then they are not installed. What you are seeing are shortcuts only. Just hide them, they take up zero space.
    04-22-09 11:52 AM
    If they are not listed in your apps section, then they are not installed. What you are seeing are shortcuts only. Just hide them, they take up zero space.
    This is true. But why cant the shortcuts be deleted?
    04-22-09 12:03 PM
    thank you so much man. i was getting so frustrated with the whole situation that i didnt know what to do anymore! Thanks for the help again!
    04-22-09 12:03 PM
    i dont know why they cant be deleted either! thats funny, its like there not there, but they are! lol
    04-22-09 12:04 PM
    Because they are pushed as a service book by your provider.
    04-22-09 12:10 PM
    i dont know why they cant be deleted either! thats funny, its like there not there, but they are! lol
    This is true. I have a bunch of them still, just hidden. No big deal, but why be there if their not functional? lol
    04-22-09 12:11 PM
    This is true. I have a bunch of them still, just hidden. No big deal, but why be there if their not functional? lol
    they're*

its a contraction of "they are"
    04-22-09 12:19 PM
    Because verizon probably gets paid to shove this crap in our faces regardless if we want it or not.
    04-22-09 12:21 PM
    But they are functional . If you click them it will take you to a site download them.
    04-22-09 12:41 PM
    I just too out the BB messenger and hid the entire folder "instant messages"
    04-22-09 05:45 PM
    I created a new folder, moved all of them into the folder, then hid it. Works fine.
    04-22-09 07:58 PM
    I created a new folder, moved all of them into the folder, then hid it. Works fine.
    ...I created a folder named "junk" and put all the crap in there that I do not use and can not delete and hide all the items then I do not have to worry about it.
    04-22-09 08:38 PM
    I used shrinkos and it got rid of them before I installed another OS.
    04-22-09 08:44 PM
    I used shrinkos and it got rid of them before I installed another OS.

I did that too and they still came back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 04:57 AM
    You CAN delete ANY Icons on your blackberry, contrary to all the idiots who say you cannot.. Most are pushes from your carrier, and you may have to do this from time to time.

Step 1. Options-> Advanced Options-> Service Book-> highlight what you want to delete. Hit menu and delete!

Step 2. Options-> Advanced Options-> applications -> highlight what you want to delete. Hit menu and delete!
    04-01-10 03:55 PM
    /me stabs the evil necro, right through it's undead heart !!

And yes, they will delete and be right back next reboot.
    04-01-10 04:47 PM
    why delete it if its gonna be rite back on the phone
    04-01-10 04:49 PM
    1st) y did u bring a dead thread alive?
    2nd) @chaz: u CANNOT delete those apps fyi, yes u can "delete" the service books, but, try rebooting, voila, service books r back

n fyi, ppl say u cannot delete those icons r talking bout facebook/gtalk/aim/etc bc they r weblinks pushed to ur phone
    04-01-10 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD