I'm looking for a app for sms texting that will delay the reciving of them on my phone. Like something I can turn on and then my phone won't receive any texts at al and then when I turn the app off I would get them.

Am I crazy thinking there's something like this out there or does something exist?
    09-02-10 07:49 PM
    Only thing I can think of that would do that is to turn the radio off.
    09-02-10 09:48 PM
    I'm looking for a app for sms texting that will delay the reciving of them on my phone. Like something I can turn on and then my phone won't receive any texts at al and then when I turn the app off I would get them.

Am I crazy thinking there's something like this out there or does something exist?
    You are not crazy...You can already do this natively without paying for a third party app.

Go to Options->Security->Firewall and check the "Enable" box.
    From there you can check off what you want to block such as SMS/MMS/BIS/BES. In your case check off SMS. If you have people in your contact list that you don't mind getting through to you for emergencies, at the bottom, you can set exclusions to the block by contact or specific address.

And, as per your OP you can disable the firewall whenever you want to.

HTH.
    09-02-10 11:02 PM
    But you won't get your missed messages if you do that, right?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-10 11:03 PM
    To be honest, I have no idea because I have never actually used it myself. I am always on, always running, at all times (except for rebooting). I would think that you should, as SMS is handled by the carrier, so they may be retained in the "cloud" until an established connection is back up. I saw someone else post this same type of question a bit ago on another forum, and they responded that "This is exactly what I was looking for!", so I thought that I would mention it here. lol.
    09-02-10 11:12 PM
    I have heard of that by blocking it that way. I just want to make sure they will come in once I turn it back on is my biggest concern.
    09-03-10 01:01 AM
    You can always try it yourself I suppose. I would do it but as I stated, I need to always be able to receive all traffic. I guess you could perform the steps and either send yourself a few messages, or have a friend send you some messages. Then disable your firewall after maybe 15-30 minutes or so, and see what happens. Either way, could you report back here and let us know the results?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 01:23 AM
    No, that option just blocks them - the messages do not come through when you uncheck the option.

Ref all the "I deleted CrunchSMS and now I don't get any messages" threads...

One thought I had is that you could set up a profile which disabled all the alerts for the SMS and read them whenever you like?

barljo
    09-03-10 04:19 AM
    No, that option just blocks them - the messages do not come through when you uncheck the option.

Ref all the "I deleted CrunchSMS and now I don't get any messages" threads...

One thought I had is that you could set up a profile which disabled all the alerts for the SMS and read them whenever you like?

barljo
    Glad you can confirm this. I was thinking about this profile solution as well. If this is something the OP is willing to do, maybe this could be the app that helps with that. It's pricey at $20.00, but that depends on how much the OP needs something like this. It has the ability to create filters for email/sms alerts.

BlackBerry App World - AlertMatrix Pro - Email and SMS Filters and Alerts

I tried. I'm out of ideas for now. lol.
    HTH
    09-03-10 04:44 AM
    Thats somewhat I was looking for.

I am basically looking for an app that makes it seem like my phone is off regarding texts and emails but still be able to get calls and such. And I am one of those people who if I see I have a message I am compelled to respond to it right away. So the easy thing seems to turn it off but I want someone to still be able to reach me by call if they need too.

I feel like it doesn't exist but better to look and ask than not.
    09-03-10 12:45 PM
    Anyone know of anything else?
    09-04-10 04:56 PM
    Anyone else know of anything that would act like the phone was turned off for just the SMS part of it?
    09-09-10 01:43 AM
    just set up a profile where all messages are on silent.
    09-09-10 03:02 AM
    I am not sure how this is on all phones, but on my Tour when I go into the Sound Profiles (clicking the icon at top left of the screen), there is an option for Phone Calls Only. I haven't checked it out, but I believe that mutes the sounds for messages such as texts and emails, but the ringer for the phone will still sound. I do think you still get the LED light for the text message though. Setting up the specific profile is probably a better way to go, but this setting could be handy.
    09-09-10 12:04 PM
    This caught my interest so I put my phone in Phone Calls Only mode and sent myself both emails and texts from other sources. I was wrong previously, as the LED indicator did NOT show when I received the messages. The messages came thru as normal but without the LED blinking. Phone calls came thru as normal. Just passing along the info. Learn something new on this site every day.
    09-09-10 12:19 PM
    I know I could silent the message. But I'm one of those people that if I see a message I have to check it. So I'm wondering if there is a way for the sms and email portion to act like the phones off and not come in at all but hang out in cyberspace and then when I turn the app off they would come in jusy like I turned it back on.
    09-15-10 04:23 PM
    Anyone else got any ideas?
    10-10-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD