In my fb app, there are times when there is a huge delay in the time that either a friend request, wall post, or message was sent and when I receive it on my phone. Is there anyway to fix this? Do other people have this same issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-09 08:25 PM
    Currently the app is just kinda useless.

It just uses the email notifications that you get anyways and has less information than the mobile site.
    01-12-09 08:39 PM
    I like it though bc I can write on walls, send messages, and respond to requests easily without having to log on to fb...if it was in realtime it would be awesome. Sometimes its realtime, sometimes its not kinda annoying

01-12-09 08:41 PM
    Your FB login status can be saved though (assuming you aren't clearing your cookies). It goes directly to your home page when you go to m.facebook.com
    01-12-09 08:49 PM
    Yes but the app is so convenient. I just want to know if there's any way to make it go faster, in real time or something close to it at least

01-12-09 08:57 PM
    Yeah, huge delays for me as well. Almost easier to just go to the mobile site.

01-12-09 08:58 PM
    There's nothing to config in the app, so no not really.

The only possibility is that maybe your email alerts are being delayed. You could try a faster email account for the facebook alerts (gmail, blackberry, etc).
    01-12-09 08:59 PM
    If I make gmail my fb account, do you think the notifications will arrive to my phone app faster?

01-12-09 09:01 PM
    If I make gmail my fb account, do you think the notifications will arrive to my phone app faster?

Using gmail, and my alerts are instantaneous. Sometimes gmail and facebook gets bogged down and they are delayed, but that is the exception rather than the norm.
    01-12-09 09:39 PM
    fb for blackberry is pathetic to say the least. I have a few Palm Treo's before this and their fb app was very very nice. You didnt have to leave the app to do, well anything. I really wish someone (RIM or fb) would create some sort of port for the PalmOS one to the bb, but alas I shall not cross my fingers or hold my breath for that day.
    01-12-09 09:44 PM
    I find it's been lagging the phone unless I close the application. I should just use it for uploading photos.
    03-04-10 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD