Tried searching, but could not find anything...

Appreciate if someone can point me to an app that can set the default browser to be used based on current WiFi connection or by destination type..

Would like to use the HotSpot broswer as default when I'm home over WiFi, Blackberry browser for work and MediaNet for HTTPS traffic..

Is there an app that can help set the browser to be used based on destination ?

I know if I set bookmarks, it will use the speficied browser, or I have to remember to go into settings to change the browser when I'm home ...

I really home RIM adds the default browser selection in the profiles option so I can create profiles for each location and go from there...

Thanks
    07-13-09 02:24 PM
    Tried searching, but could not find anything...

Appreciate if someone can point me to an app that can set the default browser to be used based on current WiFi connection or by destination type..

Would like to use the HotSpot broswer as default when I'm home over WiFi, Blackberry browser for work and MediaNet for HTTPS traffic..

Is there an app that can help set the browser to be used based on destination ?

I know if I set bookmarks, it will use the speficied browser, or I have to remember to go into settings to change the browser when I'm home ...

I really home RIM adds the default browser selection in the profiles option so I can create profiles for each location and go from there...

Thanks
    Just saw a recent thread about the advantages of switching back and forth between browsers. Never really stopped to use the Hotspot Browser before. Do you really see a difference between the Hotspot and the standard browser interfaces?
    07-13-09 04:58 PM
    @berryite :No real difference in interface apart from speed (depending upon if your switching from EDGE (BIS) to WiFi or vice-a-versa).

@batrad : I really don't undertand why the browser just doesn't switch automatically between BIS/WiFi as and when WiFi is available. Its just too much messing about reconfiguring the browser for my better half (who is non-technical).

The closest app that is based on locations is "LocationProfiler" however that merely switches your profile. Perhaps, if you suggest it to the developer WiFi maybe added if at all programmable... http://forums.crackberry.com/f97/loc...ussion-176569/
    07-14-09 08:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD