My DataViz DTG Premium PDF app has ceased to work. I use BB Bold with 4.6 software & DTM 4.7.0.32

The Adobe Acrobat 8.1pdf docs in my memory card now has question marks in front of them (they had the Adobe logo in front before). They are properly marked with the .pdf extension. The message reads: "Error opening file. It does not exist or cannot be read." These docs worked great for a few days. I have not used the DTM since setting up these docs in my 8 gig media card. My main use of this BB is Phone, Email, GPS & PDF docs (which are catalog info for my company’s products.

I have emptied the memory card pdf folders and recopied the pdf docs back into them, but it did not help.
    I’ve googled the problem on some sites that have BB Bold 9000 forums and see that I am not alone with this DTG issue, but no-one had an answer.

The first download of the DataViz separate bonus PDF app was not automatically placed into the apps folder, so would not work until I moved it. Up until now it has worked fine.

Can I simply reinstall only the PDF Premium application? This is the only one that doesn't work. If so, maybe DataViz can forward me the link to do so. If any DTG apps need to be re-installed, do I have to first uninstall it, or will it install over top? If I have to first uninstall it, how do I do this?

DataViz hasn't responded yet. You guys have a much better response time

Thanks in advance!

Solved the issue, I hope for good. I first deleted the app and restarted; then found the file: PDFToGo.jad on the DataViz site and downloaded it to my PC, tranferred it to my BB in the media folder and tried to install it....no go!

Then I went into the DTG Word program and searched the menu looking for another way out....lo & behold there is a link to download PDFToGo direct to the BB Bold!!! One click & it was done. I suppose that comes with being a newbie! I hope this helps someone else.

It's great for business to again be able to browse our company catalogs info for products info again.

Chow!
    Last edited by dforne; 01-08-09 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Solved the issue
    01-08-09 02:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD