For the past few days, every time I log onto the Siriux/XM application on my 9700, I get the above message. When I re-try, it starts playing! Anyone else experiencing this problem? It used to start playing right after "checking user credentials", but now, it always fails. When you re-try, it will play. What could be the problem? I deleted & re-loaded the app, per XM's tech support. Same thing.
    02-13-11 02:17 PM
    Your lucky. After entering my credentials, I cannot get past a "Service Temporarily Unavailable" error. I think the problem is the app itself. What OS are you running?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 02:27 PM
    I get the 'service unavailable" error constantly.. I actually never go the app to work at all!! makes no sense, it runs fine on an android or my ipad..
    02-13-11 03:06 PM
    I get the Data Lost message frequently as well. I used the app extensively in my jeep (no radio) last summer...it's annoying that it doesn't try to reconnect itself.

I noticed if I run the app off wifi, I don't think I've ever gotten the error.

Im on VZW, in an excellent coverage area, and have gotten the error late at night when there's likely little network traffic.
    02-13-11 03:47 PM
    I've been getting the 'Data Connection Lost' message consistently as well.

I attributed it to my Tour's signal fluctuation issue. Sounds like it may be a Sirius app issue though...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-11 03:53 PM
    I believe it is the application itself. I'm in a great signal area, so there's absolutely no reason for this, except that the other day, I noticed it gave me an "updating content" notice when I logged in. Ever since then, it's hit or miss, and never on the first try. Very frustrating - especially when you consider we are paying for this app!
    02-13-11 03:58 PM
    I've received that message too, but I can go long stretches without seeing it. More frustrating for me is that the channel content - what's currently playing on each channel - has been very slow to load, if it does at all.
    02-13-11 04:53 PM
    This is just a horrible app. It works flawlessly when my BB is hooked up to a router via wifi. It will not work at all on my wireless network.

All I get is "Data Connection Lost"

02-20-11 03:41 PM
    I've had the same problem on my 9700. I downloaded the app and it worked flawlessly for 5 hours straight on a long drive back to LA. The next time I tried to use it inside my house where I have Wi-Fi AND a Microcell, it could not get past loading my credentials. I called Sirius, got all the way to Level 2 support and all they told me to do was to reload the app. I did that and now I can log on but the data connection drops after a couple of minutes. I'm really frustrated with this thing. Anyone else notice that the app 'knows' whats on the channel (it will display the song or commercial currently playing), but you will still get the data connection lost error? Me thinks the app is messed up for BB. If I try to connect using WiFi it immediately bombs, iPad from the same Network Connection, works fine. If I log off the app, reset the Mobile Network connection, it connects, plays the station for 2 minutes max and then gives me Data Connection lost.
    Last edited by sirfirblu; 03-18-11 at 05:59 PM.
    03-18-11 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD