Caution, if you like Scanlife, proceed at your own risk with the update that showed up today on App World. It no longer process the images from the camera. You are returned to the opening screen of the app after taking a picture of a barcode. I've rebooted, and tried more than 6 times, to get data base results for products I've scanned. I used to work great. DAMN them!

I tried deleting and reinstalling, to no avail. The history page is blank, despite repeated scans.

EDIT: For me (using an S2), the fix was as simple as installing from the scanlife site which has a newer version than the current version in App World.
    Last edited by dave1812; 11-23-10 at 11:58 AM.
    11-20-10 06:53 PM
    use lynkee instead. 100 times better. ::: lynkee.com ::: | powered by Lynkware
    11-20-10 07:18 PM
    The last time I tried using that app, I had to set the camera to closeup focus in order to be able to get in close enough and in focus enough for the barcodes to be detected. It's a POS app, no question about it.
    11-20-10 11:32 PM
    no support for the 9800 boo
    11-21-10 12:59 AM
    on their website it doesn't show that it supports the 9550 (or any storm for that matter).

I contacted them about it though so I'm waiting for a reply.

Looks like a good app though! (ScanLife isn't that good...)
    11-21-10 02:16 AM
    You are returned to the opening screen of the app after taking a picture of a barcode.
    Same here.
    11-21-10 08:22 AM
    I downloaded this app last night and deleted it within the hour! It took the pic but nothing saved and worked like their video shows. I hope they fix it...looks like it could be a great app!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-10 08:59 AM
    Me three.

11-21-10 11:43 AM
    Same here.
    11-21-10 01:45 PM
    Depending on what drew you to Scanlife, and what you are looking for:

Barcode Assistant. Found on appworld.

I use it for all my QR code needs. Handy. Only supports QR currently.
    Developer is responsive to support and testing as well.

11-21-10 06:16 PM
    Scanlife works awesome on my 9650! I also use sccopes for shopping

11-22-10 01:11 AM
    Seems to be working now.
    11-22-10 01:57 PM
    Caution, if you like Scanlife, proceed at your own risk with the update that showed up today on App World. It no longer process the images from the camera. You are returned to the opening screen of the app after taking a picture of a barcode. I've rebooted, and tried more than 6 times, to get data base results for products I've scanned. I used to work great. DAMN them!

I tried deleting and reinstalling, to no avail. The history page is blank, despite repeated scans.
    I downloaded the update Friday and used it three times Saturday at Best Buy. It's working fine on my Storm.

I tested it out twice at home for the new Nutritional Info it gives when you scan a barcode on food. This feature worked both times.
    11-22-10 02:03 PM
    I downloaded the update Friday and used it three times Saturday at Best Buy. It's working fine on my Storm.

I tested it out twice at home for the new Nutritional Info it gives when you scan a barcode on food. This feature worked both times.
    From which site did you download it?
    ScanLife
    Or
    BlackBerry App World

TIA

11-22-10 03:45 PM
    BlackBerry App World. I got the upgrade notification from App World.

11-22-10 08:15 PM
    BlackBerry App World. I got the upgrade notification from App World.

Tks for the info valorian.
    I also got it there.

The only thing I can determine is that there is an issue with those of us who have the Storm2 (9550) .713.

Tks for the info.
    Good Luck
    11-22-10 08:25 PM
    From which site did you download it?
    ScanLife
    Or
    BlackBerry App World

TIA

from App World.
    11-23-10 08:40 AM
    Tks for the info valorian.
    I also got it there.

The only thing I can determine is that there is an issue with those of us who have the Storm2 (9550) .713.

Tks for the info.
    Good Luck
    I let the scanlife folks know my issue was on 713. I hope it gets fixed soon, and in the meantime I'll see if another scan app will work well for me.
    11-23-10 08:41 AM

I see you aren't on .713, so maybe the issue with the update I just installed, is with 713.
    11-23-10 08:43 AM
    the storm isn't supported, according to their website.
    11-23-10 08:44 AM
    Scanlife works awesome on my 9650! I also use sccopes for shopping
    I also have the BOLD 9650 and after reading your post I reinstalled from BB App World. I have had success with it scanning the barcodes and it showing up in my History now, but so far of the few items scanned (chocolate, book, drink mix, staples) it could not find the details of the product. What items are you scanning? I'd like to see it work at least once....
    11-23-10 09:24 AM
    The app opens on the 9800. But the program has changed alot since having my Tour
    11-23-10 09:33 AM
    the storm isn't supported, according to their website.
    multi-quote???
    11-23-10 09:36 AM
    I got Scanlife to work!! happy days! lol

I went to their website and downloaded it, instead of using App World (where I'd downloaded it twice in an attempt to make it work)

All's well that ends well.
    11-23-10 10:06 AM
    I got Scanlife to work!! happy days! lol

I went to their website and downloaded it, instead of using App World (where I'd downloaded it twice in an attempt to make it work)

All's well that ends well.
    Are the items you scan being recognized by the internet? I'm now able to successfully scan items, but the internet is not recognizing ANY of them!
    11-23-10 10:15 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD