Hey all,

Ok, I have read about several people on here who use BeBuzz on their BB Tour and after that, their custom contact alerts, when created, do not sound and the phone remains silent.

The same happened with me after I installed BeBuzz. If I create a new custom contact alert, the ringer will never sound. If I delete the custom entry, the regular ring tone sounds just fine.

I contacted BellShare (the creator of Berry Buzz) and they replied with:

Berrybuzz handles reminders for missed events only - not the alert for the initial event. If your problem is that you can't set custom ringtones for contacts and you are talking about the initial ringtone when that contact calls you, then Berrybuzz doesn't handle that and can't fix it.

Now, I find it odd that this is a common problem with other BeBuzz users, yet they claim that it isn't related.

Is there anyway, if I have my phone backed up with the desktop software, to master reset/wipe my device, then restore a backup - would that be a possible fix? If so, how would I wipe it completely?

Confuzzled,

Matt!
    02-14-10 03:38 PM
    Anyone experience this yet?
    02-20-10 12:58 PM
    My husband has the Tour and had this problem, and we haven't been able to resolve it even after removing BeBuzz.

Then, I got a new Curve 8530 and installed it (before I knew about it messing with my hubby's), and it only vibrated, no ring. I uninstalled and now no custom contacts will ring at all! So frustrating.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
    03-20-10 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD