Hi guys.

Newbie to this forum so go easy!!

I've had my Curve 8900 on T-mobile (UK) for a few months now. It is a company phone provided by my employer, however I'm having some issues with it.

First, the good stuff. My e-mails work, BB Messenger works and the internet works (sort of) both through wi-fi and the Blackberry browser, although when using the Black berry browser I can only access linked pages through the Blackberry Bookmarks Homepage.

My problem is that Apps won't work properly. Some of them do when I'm connected via wi-fi, but the majority of them don't (such as Facebook) when I'm not connected via wi-fi.

Now, I've been told by my employer that the phone should have a Data Plan (i.e. wmy company have paid for it!). This would seem to be the case as I can send & receive e-mails and BB Messenger works fine.

My choice of browsers is "Blackberry Browser," "t-zones," or "Hotspot Browser"

I'm just wondering if there are any checks I can do (I can't contact T-Mobile as I don't have our account details) or settings I can alter etc... I've mentioned it to the guy at work who is responsible for the mobile phones, however I feel a little bad for complaining to my employer that I can't use my phone for non-work related stuff!! To be fair he has e-mailed the company that provide us with the phones, but I haven't heard anything back.

I do love my BB, ut I just wish I could get the Apps sorted!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!!
    10-07-10 10:25 AM
    On my country there are different Data Plans:
    - BBMail and messenger only
    - social networking and
    - full all-inclusive

You may have a Data Plan that only allows BB Mail and Messenger.

In my case, the company pays the data part and I pay the voice part.

I checked my BB Browser and I've got 4 options for browsing:

"Blackberry Browser", which only lets me open my company's intranet, which is cool.
    "Hotspot Broswer", which I use everywhere else I can get Wi-Fi
    "WAP MOVISTAR", which I never use, because I believe WAP is not included in the data plan and is separate.
    "Internet Explorer", wihch lets me visit any site.

I believe that to get the "Internet Explorer" option, that needs to be set up by your IT department or else T-Mobile.

I suggest you go ask the IT guy at work what kind of Data Plan your company is paying.

For browsing, try also Opera mini.
    10-07-10 03:57 PM
    BES.
    You're employer blocked facebook.
    10-07-10 03:59 PM
    The apps are probably blocked by your company's IT policy. You would need to get a personal device that you pay for to get the apps.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    10-07-10 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD