I tried the free version for a few weeks and finally deleted it. What bothered me the most is when someone would send you a text message and you go and type out a wordy response (the whole idea of going beyond 160) and you hit send and a message comes up that says: "reply feature not available, but we're working hard to fix that"

The worse part is now it's just deleted your response and you have to do it all over again

Another issue with it I didn't like was that if you start a message and go to choose a recipient in text it only allowed you to choose their mobile phone #.

So I don't know, maybe it was just me, I'm sure others like it, but I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it and finally deleted it today.

Oh ya, after I deleted it I no longer could receive a text, I could send one but not receive. After searching around CB for an answer, a poster had the same issue only with BBM. So one response said to go into options>security> firewall and see if anything is being blocked. And sure enough, CrunchSMS had put a block on my incoming SMS messages so it could take control. After deleting Crunch, it had left 2 blocks on and did not automatically remove them by unchecking the boxes.

Cool, (and thx CBier's) that I found that answer, because I really did not want to call VZ tech support to solve the issue as I have OS 6 running on it and VZ would just blame the leak for the problem.

So if you delete crunch, don't forget to check your firewall after for any remaining blocks.
    Last edited by expidia; 10-07-10 at 11:07 PM.
    10-07-10 11:05 PM
    Crunch was necessary in 4.5 and nice in 5.0. With the mms setup in 6, crunch is rendered worthless anyone wanna buy my license? Lol
    I've never seen that reply unavailable message, that sucks.
    In seriousness, I'm sure they'll get their stuff working for os6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-10 10:43 AM
    Crunch was necessary in 4.5 and nice in 5.0. With the mms setup in 6, crunch is rendered worthless anyone wanna buy my license? Lol
    I've never seen that reply unavailable message, that sucks.
    In seriousness, I'm sure they'll get their stuff working for os6.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Crunch SMS was only really necessary for anything below OS 5 as OS 5 has threaded SMS. I could never receive MMS with Crunch SMS when I used it on my Pearl running OS 4.5 I always got a url link to the MMS as T-Mobile UK thpought that my phone wasn't capable of receiving MMS, it also did the same on my wifes Pearl. I ended up deleting it and going back to the standard 4.5 SMS app that sort of did threaded SMS. OS 5s SMS is sooooooo much better as it uses the BBM interface and sends SMSs from your BBM contacts straight to BBM. Would love to see what the BB 6 SMS is like, but never going to happen as it's unlikely that RIM will release BB 6 for the 8520

Roland
    10-08-10 11:02 AM
    I haven't had any of the the previous repliers problems. It's been running good on my 8530 for awhile now. Also I still find it necessary in OS 5 if you want to go beyond 160 for free.

@expidia: Those blocks you had to have done manually when you first installed CrunchSMS or you get duplicate text messages. I never had CrunchSMS automatically set up blocks in my firewall.
    10-08-10 01:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD