So I just got the latest version of both Crunchsms and BerryBuzz for os 4.5.
    I love both but have a question/problem. When I receive an sms the LED alert goes off like normal (for the way I have BBuzz set up) but when I read it in Crunch it does not stop blinking. I have to got the BB sms or Yahoo to get it to stop. I'm guessing this is because BBuzz doesn't support Crunch yet but just wanted to check if someone had a work around.
    Thanx.
    04-17-10 07:52 PM
  2. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    I am having the same exact issue and its really annoying me! I love Berrybuzz (and paid for it) but I also like Crunch which is cute and looks like Iphone SMS!!

I have tried to mess with it and see if I can make it stop but to no avail!! Wish Berrybuzz would support Crunch but I dont know if that would ever happen.
    04-23-10 12:18 AM
    What I have done, and it has seemed to work so far, is to make it so that it "Clear LED for Messages on:" and I chose "First Trackball/Keyboard Activity." Then whenever you do something on the phone it will stop blinking. I have both programs as well and it bothered me until I did that. And it seems that whatever you have your SMS's set as in BerryBuzz (color, frequency, etc.), it also applies for crunchSMS. So you can set your SMS settings and it will follow on to crunch even if you have your firewall restricting SMS's so you don't get them twice. Hope this helps!
    05-14-10 03:31 PM
    What I have done, and it has seemed to work so far, is to make it so that it "Clear LED for Messages on:" and I chose "First Trackball/Keyboard Activity." Then whenever you do something on the phone it will stop blinking. I have both programs as well and it bothered me until I did that. And it seems that whatever you have your SMS's set as in BerryBuzz (color, frequency, etc.), it also applies for crunchSMS. So you can set your SMS settings and it will follow on to crunch even if you have your firewall restricting SMS's so you don't get them twice. Hope this helps!
    I have the same issue using crunchSMS and BerryBuzz on my Storm2 (v5.0.0.607). I thought changing that setting in crunchSMS would fix the issue, but it doesn't.

There are two options in crunchSMS under the "Turn Notifications Off" setting:
    1. "When crunchSMS is started"
    2. "When unread count is 0"
    Neither option solves the issue for me. So, whenever I get a txt message my LED flashes as per the settings I've set up in BerryBuzz (addicted to that, love it!) and I go into crunchSMS to read the text, but the LED is still flashing, which drives me crazy. I have to exit crunchSMS and then go into the "SMS and MMS" icon that's native to the phone to get the LED to quit blinking. So I have a lot of clicking just to check a txt.

I'm using version 2.8 of crunchSMS and BerryBuzz 3.0.59 (with a valid, paid license).

So, is this a compatibility issue? Does anyone know of another fix?
    05-25-10 09:51 AM
    So, is this a compatibility issue? Does anyone know of another fix?
    Yup. See, BerryBuzz reads the sms notifier from the stock sms folder; the LED turns off when the stock message folder has been opened, there's no integration with crunchSMS.
    I also use the off at trackball/keyboard activity option. That takes care of it. There's no other fix that I know of.
    05-25-10 11:13 AM
  6. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    Looks like Berry Buzz supports CrunchSMS now there is a new update.
    05-29-10 04:21 AM
    I have the new BerryBuzz upgrade that is supposed to support CrunchSMS, but the same issue remains concerning having to go back to the native SMS folder to stop the blinking. Where is the "trackball/keyboard" option that will clear the LED without having to go back to the native SMS folder? Does that "clearing option" apply then to all LED's that have been set-up in BerryBuzz? Thanks for the help.
    05-29-10 11:11 AM
    I have the new BerryBuzz upgrade that is supposed to support CrunchSMS, but the same issue remains concerning having to go back to the native SMS folder to stop the blinking. Where is the "trackball/keyboard" option that will clear the LED without having to go back to the native SMS folder? Does that "clearing option" apply then to all LED's that have been set-up in BerryBuzz? Thanks for the help.
    the new upgrade didn't include crunchsms unless I'm miss reading the description.
    05-29-10 01:40 PM
  9. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    the new upgrade didn't include crunchsms unless I'm miss reading the description.
    I havent tried the upgrade yet but here is what crackberry posted

aving long been a user of BerryBuzz, I'm always glad to see when a new release is pushed out. This time we have version 3.0.66 now available. This version is maintenance release that adds new items to the list of options and fixes up some general bugs that were found through testing. Check out the list of changes:

* Added support for YouMail Visual Voicemail
    * Added support for Tweetissimo
    * Added support for crunchSMS
    * Improved contact matching for incoming calls (fixes LED not working for some contacts)
    * Fixed SocialScope support
    * Fixed clearing of IM+ notifications
    * Clear messages on first key activity' now applies to messages, not only e-mail/SMS
    * Fixed activation not working via direct TCP/IP
    * Fixed custom profiles being deleted on BerryBuzz deinstallation (OS 5.0 only)
    05-29-10 04:43 PM
  10. deletedaccountkimbercutes824's Avatar
    Interesting looks like this new version doesnt support Facebook. Under Social Networking it says just myspace. I wonder if I need to redownload it

Nevermind I had to make sure I upgraded with the correct OS.
    Last edited by kimbercutes824; 05-30-10 at 11:15 AM.
    05-29-10 05:31 PM
    I havent tried the upgrade yet but here is what crackberry posted

aving long been a user of BerryBuzz, I'm always glad to see when a new release is pushed out. This time we have version 3.0.66 now available. This version is maintenance release that adds new items to the list of options and fixes up some general bugs that were found through testing. Check out the list of changes:
    Well then, I stand corrected; looks like I missed that crunchsms part, lol. . Maybe I'll purchase it now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by vsuga; 05-30-10 at 03:26 AM.
    05-30-10 03:24 AM
    The issue of the LED remaining on until you go to the "native app" still remains.
    05-30-10 05:24 AM
    The issue of the LED remaining on until you go to the "native app" still remains.
    Have you tired emailing the developer? I'd like to purchase berrybuzz if it ain't working then I'll pass.

05-30-10 02:21 PM
    Not yet! Someone posted a "work around", butI can't find exactly where it was. It is mentioned a few replies above on this thread, but I thought I read a more specific method. Not sure how the one referenced above woks. Thanks.
    05-30-10 03:37 PM
    No need for a workaround; crunchsms 2.9 integrates into the native sms profile. So download 2.9, and set berrybuzz up how you want it for sms. I just realized this as I was setting everything up after a wipe.

05-30-10 05:50 PM
    Thanks! I will look for 2.9!
    05-30-10 11:25 PM
    Just downloaded CrunchSMS 2.9 and problem solved. Works perfectly so far with BueeryBuzz, and LED "goes out" as soon as Crunch is opened or previewd if you are using LIO.
    05-31-10 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD