Just a couple of questions:

the developer told me that messages are kept forever and stored on the device memory, does anyone know appox how much memory that adds up to (for someone who is a fairly high-rate texter)

Also, are there any known issues with not receiving text messages from people? I'm afraid that if I put the firewall to block the native sms app, I won't get texts in crunch sms.

thanks!
    12-13-10 09:18 AM
    Just a couple of questions:

the developer told me that messages are kept forever and stored on the device memory, does anyone know appox how much memory that adds up to (for someone who is a fairly high-rate texter)

Also, are there any known issues with not receiving text messages from people? I'm afraid that if I put the firewall to block the native sms app, I won't get texts in crunch sms.

thanks!
    You probably can keep your messages "forever" if you choose, but you can also delete them manually so they don't take up much memory at all (I'm a high volume texter too). I don't seem to have a problem getting all of my texts. Crunchsms has been really reliable for me. Love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-10 10:54 AM
    I didn't know that that the device stores the text messages, is this even after you delete them, and if this is the case, how do you delete them permanently then?
    12-13-10 09:15 PM
    It's hard to believe that it doesn't have a "sent" notification of some sort. Some spots I'm in are sketchy for coverage and I'd like to know if my text was sent or not. The native SMS client does this as well as BBM so there's no reason why crunchsms doesn't.

It's a big deal breaker for me.
    12-14-10 12:21 PM
    I didn't know that that the device stores the text messages, is this even after you delete them, and if this is the case, how do you delete them permanently then?
    If u hit menu and then 'delete conversation' while in Crunch, texts are deleted from ur device. No further action necessary.

12-14-10 03:48 PM
    It's hard to believe that it doesn't have a "sent" notification of some sort. Some spots I'm in are sketchy for coverage and I'd like to know if my text was sent or not. The native SMS client does this as well as BBM so there's no reason why crunchsms doesn't.

It's a big deal breaker for me.
    If u highlight a text, press the menu key and select 'Message Details' Crunch does tell u whether or not ur text was sent.

12-14-10 03:51 PM
    If u highlight a text, press the menu key and select 'Message Details' Crunch does tell u whether or not ur text was sent.

I just tried that and don't seem to have "message details" option...yes it is a paid version...thought that was a cool idea.

Oops just saw it...very cool Thanks!
    12-14-10 05:51 PM
    can u guys confirm that aside from checking the details of the text (to see if it was sent) an exclamation point (!) beside a text u tried to send means it did not push thru?
    12-27-10 10:47 AM
    Exclamation point means there was a problem and ur message needs to be resent.

M_rk likes this.
    12-27-10 02:48 PM
    that's what i thought, thank you.
    12-27-10 06:22 PM
    hi everyone

is there anyway of getting crunchsms alerts to appear in 'messages'.

i can currently get alerts from whatsapp, facebook, twitter, etc. to appear in 'messages' but not yet crunchsms... is it possible?
    01-05-11 03:57 AM

Is this correct? After deleting the message in Crunch its completely whipped from your device?

hi everyone

is there anyway of getting crunchsms alerts to appear in 'messages'.

i can currently get alerts from whatsapp, facebook, twitter, etc. to appear in 'messages' but not yet crunchsms... is it possible?

And I dont think that option is available yet. Although, it would be nice.
    01-11-11 03:19 PM
    If you choose delete conversation from the crunchsms menu, the text is erased from your device in the same way it's deleted if you're using native sms and choose delete.

Last edited by Chrysalis1156; 01-11-11 at 06:11 PM.
    01-11-11 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD