Well, I know that there are more and more devices coming out which are NFC enabled (nexus and galaxy s to name a couple of big ones), and I was wondering if there are or will be any cross-platform apps to share info and interact via NFC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-12 05:56 PM
    I was wondering the same...

My brother has the Galaxy S II and I have the Bold 9900. So, as you may know, both phones are NFC enabled devices. I showed him the video where it shows all the different things that can be done with the NFCLauncher app for the 9900, and he wants to replicate them, well, we both want to... Anyway, we were thinking of buying NFC tags from Ebay and configure them. However I wanted to know if one tag will work for both devices, or if it will require the same app on both devices so it can be decoded.

Any idea? Thanks in advance!
    01-14-12 11:56 AM
    I am curious also!
    I want Starbucks app to support NFC payments
    01-14-12 01:25 PM
    I tried to use NFC to send a picture or contact card from my mom's Nexus S to my Bold 9930 and it did not work. I assume the NFC is OS specific and doesn't work cross platform.
    PS: the NFC transfer worked from my mom's Nexus to my dad's Nexus
    01-26-12 09:52 AM
    Check for cross-platform sharing "NfcSharing2Win" on google play, thats awesome app for me for now
    08-06-13 12:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD