Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that CropIt is now available in the CrackBerry and other MobiHand app stores. For all of you who beta tested, I really appreciate it and your feedback was very helpful. I will continue to improve the app the best I can and I am always open to feedback and feature suggestion.

If you beta tested and would like an upgrade let me know, or you can choose to support the efforts of a college kid haha.

Thanks again Crackberry

Edit: There will be a free trial available sometime tomorrow for os 4.6 and 4.7 but it will only be good for about 5 saves
    Last edited by wfubball; 06-14-09 at 02:23 PM.
    06-14-09 02:06 PM
    While it sounds like Photo app, you might want to give a one-liner explaining what your program does.
    06-14-09 10:43 PM
    While it sounds like Photo app, you might want to give a one-liner explaining what your program does.

Maybe it's a farming app.........
    06-14-09 11:10 PM
    Maybe it's a farming app.........
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 07:36 AM
    or a barber app?

but no!

CropIt - Entertainment BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    CropIt is the essential photo editing tool for the Blackberry.

Crop your pictures to the perfect size and have only what you want in the frame with no unnecessary background in the pictures.

CropIt allows you to change your pictures around before uploading them to social networking sites such as Facebook or Flickr.

Don't want to bother with the zoom when you take a picture? Dont worry about it, take wide angle shots and CropIt will help you get the picture you really want.

Follow Changelog at the developers web site

All upgrades will be free once you purchase initially!

Features:

* Crop any picture on your phone
    * Customized save location on your Device or Memory Card
    * Save to JPEG or PNG
    * Quick crop with keyboard shortcuts
    * Undo your crop and try again
    * Preview crop area before cropping

Minimum Requirements:

* For for Blackberry Storm
    o Blackberry OS 4.7
    o Blackberry Storm
    o
    * For for Blackberry OS 4.6 (Bold and 8900)
    o Blackberry OS 4.6
    o
    * For for Blackberry OS 4.5 (Curve and 8xxx)
    o Blackberry OS 4.5
    o
    * For For Blackberry Pearl
    o Blackberry OS 4.3
    o

For for Blackberry Storm
    Display Dimensions
    480 x 360
    Operating System

For for Blackberry OS 4.6 (Bold and 8900)
    Display Dimensions
    480 x 320, 480 x 360
    Operating System

For for Blackberry OS 4.5 (Curve and 8xxx)
    Display Dimensions
    320 x 240, 480 x 320, 480 x 360
    Operating System

For For Blackberry Pearl
    Display Dimensions
    240 x 160, 240 x 240, 240 x 260, 240 x 320
    Operating System
    4.3, 4.5
    06-15-09 08:15 AM
    I apologize, thank you snarfler

But hey maybe thats a good idea for a new app, the oregon trail of farming
    06-15-09 08:28 AM
    For some reason pictures that are cropped and saved as jpg on sd card will not work to send to Flickr.

I use Posterous also to try to send saved pic but when I open files there is just a ? mark and no pic showing to upload.

Anyone else tried this and had this problem?

And I do agree a preview of thumbnails would be a saver when I do not usually name pic before saving.
    06-15-09 08:57 AM
    THANKS !!!

I've been waiting for an app like this since I bought my Storm.

I just purchased a copy - I'll post feedback after a few uses !!!
    06-15-09 09:02 AM
    For some reason pictures that are cropped and saved as jpg on sd card will not work to send to Flickr.

I use Posterous also to try to send saved pic but when I open files there is just a ? mark and no pic showing to upload.

Anyone else tried this and had this problem?

And I do agree a preview of thumbnails would be a saver when I do not usually name pic before saving.
    I havent heard of this problem, Ill try to reproduce it and look into it, sorry about that

Also could you post your OS and phone? thanks
    Last edited by wfubball; 06-15-09 at 09:24 AM.
    06-15-09 09:12 AM
    Bold
    OS = 4.6.0.266

Just sent another pic just to make sure not operator error and the same thing happens. Email states there is an error but if I send a pic that has not been cropped it shows up in Flickr.

No big deal but nice app.
    06-15-09 10:00 AM
    Bold
    OS = 4.6.0.266

Just sent another pic just to make sure not operator error and the same thing happens. Email states there is an error but if I send a pic that has not been cropped it shows up in Flickr.

No big deal but nice app.

**For some reason this posted twice from PC**
    06-15-09 10:06 AM
    I'll get that issue worked out, I was able to get the same behavior and I am also running bold with 266. I can upload any of the cropped photos to facebook but not the jpeg ones to flickr, which is strange. I will look into it and let you know what I find out, sorry for the problem
    06-15-09 11:09 AM
    Can you get it to work now? The last few pictures I've tried, jpeg from the media card have worked

06-15-09 11:52 AM
    I have been doing something similar to this just using "capture it" I zoom into the picture till I get what I'm looking for framed then just save the zoomed in pic using "capture it." Am I missing something?

06-15-09 02:11 PM
    Yes it does work now and thanks for fixing that.
    06-15-09 02:12 PM
    CropIt has now been updated to 1.2 for the storm and bold/8900, with integration into the native picture browser for easier picture selection and a few minor speed improvements. Also for the Storm, the cropping area selection has been changed to a more PC like experience by pressing and dragging.
    06-21-09 04:59 PM
    I have been doing something similar to this just using "capture it" I zoom into the picture till I get what I'm looking for framed then just save the zoomed in pic using "capture it." Am I missing something?

Wow! That's a cool trick. Thanks for sharing.
    06-28-09 03:42 PM

This is a great idea, and I do it too, but it greatly reduces the quality of the picture if you're trying to send it to someone who wants to view it on a PC.
    08-03-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD