I googled Criminal Justice and Blackberry and saw that there is an app maybe that can run checks on people. Is this software for the blackberry available and can it be used by civilians in the USA?

Thanks.
    12-02-09 11:02 PM
    i dont see any app like that when i google it. why dont you get the app name for us.

there are websites that give you background checks on people. they cost alot of money though. most background info it matter of public record anyway and can be found elsewhere.

why would you need this app anyways?
    12-02-09 11:53 PM
    Moving to 3rd Party apps!
    12-03-09 10:00 AM
    why would you need this app anyways?
    There is no reason for this information to be avaialble on a BlackBerry app and the mere idea of it is a tad bit scary. The average citizen isn't a law-enforcement professional and doesn't have the training or the skill sets to know how to use information like this. Imagine if some busy body had such an app on their BlackBerry and queried the name of "John Smith" because someone named "John Smith" just bought a home in the neighborhood. And imagine if this query brought back results that "John Smith" had been a serial killer released from prison on a technicality. Or a car thief? Or a bank robber? Or 100 other things. And imagine this busy body rushing around telling all the neighbors there is a criminal living in the neighborhood. And imagine the embarassment when it is found out that there are a million "John Smiths" in the BlackBerry database none of whom are your new neighbor.

This topic comes up from time to time. It always scares me. The concept of why anyone would want such a thing on their BlackBerry is just odd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 10:25 AM
    Im sure you can just go to your internet browser on your bb and search that way since it is public information.
    12-03-09 12:39 PM
    You can search most public records from bolt or opera mini browser. Just google the county name followed by clerk of courts. I used to do judgement recovery and this is one of the ways we used to find people's addresses to collect. The information brokers that have all the info in one place charges to get the information. Even if there was an app, it would most likely be expensive and you don't need to pay when it's free. Just my 2 cents.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 01:44 PM
    Yes it is available, just not to civilians.
    12-03-09 04:55 PM
    Im not a civilian... where can I get it from GoGo
    12-04-09 08:59 AM
    Where can you get ANY software for law enforcement? My old palm had a miranda rights and waiver, note apps specific to LE, criminal codes, etc. most of it free.
    12-04-09 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD