One of the neat things you can do with Barcode Assistant is create barcodes. I've started to see barcodes showing up on business cards and company letterhead. It makes t very easy to scan the barcode and add that person to your address book.

To create a contact barcode, go into your address book, select the entry you want to use, then choose "View Barcode" from the menu (you can also select a contact from within the barcode Assistant app). The barcode will be displayed full screen so someone can scan you screen, or you can save the image to use later (like printing it on a bsiness card).

The downside to this is that depending on the amount of information you have in the address book entry, you can get some pretty large barcodes. They can become so large that you won't be able to scan them just by dispaying it on the screen (although they might still be scanable on Storms and Torches).

The best thing to do is create a contact entry with just the informatio nyou want to share. The barcode size will change with the amount of information included. On my business card, I include:
    • Name
    • Company
    • E-Mail Address
    • Phone Number
    • Website
    • PIN

With just that information, the image is still scanable from my Tour screen, and scanable when printed on my business card.
    fass likes this.
    11-22-10 06:55 PM
    I use MECARD. Barcode assistant read those but it can't create a contact from a MECARD. This would be a nice feature.
    05-13-11 01:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD