For some reason the Screen capture feature have worked just once in my 8900, I used it a lot in my previous 8300 and in my buddy's 8130 but when trying it in my 8900 it juist freezes the App. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 04:12 PM
    i get stuck on the password incorrect or phone not connected.....please help!!!
    IF you ahve widnows VISTA or Widnows 7 follow my THREAD and do it step by step go with METHOD 1 usually solves the issue!!! then you will pass the password thing. It's all in the USB sleep mode issue! i had it and fixed it after 1 month of testing!!! PM me if you need anything else and or solve it
    04-07-09 08:32 PM
    Slick interface! Nicely Done! thank you
    04-08-09 03:15 AM
    I want to wipe before loading an OS which wipe should I perform.
    04-08-09 08:11 AM
    I want to wipe before loading an OS which wipe should I perform.
    I'd like to know this as well.

Thanks
    04-09-09 06:11 PM
    It is not required to do a wipe before loading an OS, but is does guarantee a clean install. Wiping with either CrackMem, CrackUtil, or JL_Cmder will give the same result. All three programs perform the same wipe.

04-09-09 07:44 PM
    still stuck with it not working (as with others, I just get the wrong password or device not connected).

Storm 9530
    WinXP Pro
    logged on as admin

Any help?

UPDATE:
    Doh! Just after I posted the above, I picked up the BB, and the darn thing was frozen....I unplugged it from the USB cable, and it came back.....then I plugged it back in, tried CrackUtil again, and it worked just fine this time.....not sure what that was all about, but seems fine now.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ocr14a; 04-13-09 at 12:42 PM.
    04-13-09 12:33 PM
    I have a bold from ATT with .247, used CrackUtil and it worked great for getting rid of VVM (visual voice messenger), thanks a bunch
    04-15-09 01:23 PM
    I've been having the same problem referenced by several users on this thread -- namely, an error stating that "X is not a valid floating point value" when attempting to load a file listing. In my case "X" is "-" (a hyphen).

Looking at the partial files created by CrackUtil, I think I know what is causing this. CrackUtil is apparently choking on the file listing when parsing it. The problem seems to be a third party module (MobiReader) that has a hyphen in the version number - "6.0.0.080 - B080 Beta."

Can any of the other people who have been seeing this error confirm that they have an non-numeric character in the version number for one of their files? You can look at the FileListing.tmp file created by CrackUtil (in the CrackUtil folder) for a listing of modules.
    04-16-09 03:31 PM
    its 2am and i�ve been siting in front of the pc for 5 hours. im having trouble updating my unlocked storm, i upgraded from 4.0.75 (verizon�s last official) to another one i downloaded, it took ages to load and when it finally did it just showed error messages like :
    uncought exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
    uncought exception: applicationregistry.waitFor(0xac3ae76427d1717f19) timeout

and then a list of options, and above it Blackberry Platform 4.0.0.144
    i�ve downloaded other softwares 4.0.7.122 by bell deleted the vendor file but when i run the loader it fails to read the device.

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    writes a very tired and about to colapse berry owner

Gianfranco
    04-17-09 02:05 AM
    Hi! I scrolled through most of the 15 pgs of this thread to see what is the latest version of CrackUtil. It seems that there is still only one (v.1.0) ... can anyone please confirm? If there is a new version, I'd be appreciative if someone could post the download link... thanks so much and thanks Peter for posting this initially!! :-)))
    04-20-09 02:07 PM
    Hi! I scrolled through most of the 15 pgs of this thread to see what is the latest version of CrackUtil. It seems that there is still only one (v.1.0) ... can anyone please confirm? If there is a new version, I'd be appreciative if someone could post the download link... thanks so much and thanks Peter for posting this initially!! :-)))
    Pete always posts his programs as a zip file at the end of the first post. You'll always find the latest version there. He tracks the version history in the first post as well. In this case, the V1.0 release has been the only release so far.
    04-20-09 02:54 PM
    Hey

i have a quick question

if i use the RESET IT policy option, will it delete all of my 3rd party apps?
    tnx
    04-20-09 04:56 PM
    Reset IT Policy will erase everything, it's the most destructive option in a way. However, if you keep a good backup (and make sure to not restore the policy database) it can all be restored.
    04-22-09 03:09 PM
    Hi Pete! Looks like a great program for modding/working with the BB, and based on what I've read here, is just what I'm looking for. However can't seem to find your .Zip download link at the end of your post??
    Please advise, thanks.

04-23-09 05:53 AM
    Hi Pete! Looks like a great program for modding/working with the BB, and based on what I've read here, is just what I'm looking for. However can't seem to find your .Zip download link at the end of your post??
    Please advise, thanks.

You signature line says you posted from the wapforums. If that's correct, that's why you can't see the attached download link. You have to logon from a PC to see it. That's not an operational restriction, because CrackUtil runs on your PC, not your BlackBerry, so downloading it to your BlackBerry would be pointless.
    04-23-09 06:01 AM
    You signature line says you posted from the wapforums. If that's correct, that's why you can't see the attached download link. You have to logon from a PC to see it. That's not an operational restriction, because CrackUtil runs on your PC, not your BlackBerry, so downloading it to your BlackBerry would be pointless.
    JeffH....Thanks for the reply! I thought something was funny with what I was looking at on my laptop, Crackberry Forums Mobile Edition?? I'm on the main Crackberry site and have logged into the forum page, and this is what I get. But that would explain why I cannot see the download link?? I'll keep trying to find it.

04-23-09 10:11 PM
    JeffH....A quick change on my settings -back to default view- solved my problem. Found the Zip file, already have it downloaded and installed. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks.
    04-23-09 10:27 PM
    JeffH....A quick change on my settings -back to default view- solved my problem. Found the Zip file, already have it downloaded and installed. Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks.
    Not an inconvenience at all. Thanks for posting that you found the solution. You may save somebody else from having to ask.
    04-24-09 11:37 AM
    Just wondering if there is a newer version of Crackutil on the horizon??? I'm using 1.0 and it will not actualy wipe the event log on my VZW Storm 9530. I PM'd Pete6 about this back in Nov-Dec and he was aware of the issue. This is the first time I'm checking back since then. Anyone know?
    04-25-09 01:45 AM
    Works well with Blackberry Storm!
    05-02-09 09:04 AM
    I've been trying to reset IT policy with crackutil, but to no avail. Program appears to load but when I click the "reset" option, it asks me to enter "resetITpolicy" and then BB manager opens, run thru updates and that's it. What am I doing wrong??

BB is an 8310, using Vista on my laptop, don't have BB Manager running when I start crackutil. I've gotta be missing something.
    05-02-09 09:45 PM
    Try Windows XP and when it askes you to type, type ResetITPolicy with uppercase where you see them and lower case where you see them.
    05-03-09 10:34 AM
    Thanks Pete for the tutorial. I had loaded .247 on my 9000 and had lost my VVM icon. I deleted the VVM file with Crackutil and the icon reappeared, and my BB didn't even blowup!
    Thanks a bunch!
    05-03-09 12:28 PM
    Well, I updated BB Manager to latest version and CrackUtil worked like a charm. Slick little program! Now, I just gotta get the device unlocked and it'll be good to go.
    05-04-09 05:05 PM
851 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD