I tried, but this program didn't work for me. It would see the files on my Storm, but when I tried to add files to the Storm, I would get the Java Loader problem. Fortunately, BB Messenger 5.0 was leaked and I got the OTA install done, so I got my messager back. Perhaps, I will give it another go when time permits.
    07-20-09 11:43 AM
    Has anyone tried this program with a Tour yet? I need to remove an IT Policy.

Update - it worked!!! The IT Policy is gone. It works on the Tour and it is easy as pie to use!

Thanks for sharing this wonderful application!!!
    Last edited by Mozy; 07-21-09 at 11:16 PM.
    07-21-09 09:39 PM
    Can you help when I tried to open the crackutil it asks for a password I dont have one so I click cancel. Then it pops up a message saying invalid password or your storm is not connected.
    07-22-09 11:20 PM
    To *Wipe the OS* should i choose "Wipe Device Applications" or "Wipe Device File System" .?.. The description from 1st post sounds like both options remove the OS? If so then I should wipe the Applications, since I'm not sure how to replace the file system unless that is the OS... thanks (sorry if this has been covered - haven't had time to read this entire thread yet)
    07-22-09 11:58 PM
    Can you help when I tried to open the crackutil it asks for a password I dont have one so I click cancel. Then it pops up a message saying invalid password or your storm is not connected.
    I have read a couple of reports that 0000 worked in this situation. It shouldn't work, but it's probably worth trying.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 08:42 AM
    working great on the vista 64, cheers mate!
    07-23-09 05:14 PM
    I downloaded the crackUtil,i also did the compatibility thingy in properties,when i open the software i leave the password step and press Ok or cancel,and then in few seconds a messege comes in says the password is incorrect or ur phone is not connected,but my blackberry is connected. please Help.
    thanks
    07-24-09 12:15 AM
    oh btw,sorry i diidnt mentioned that i m running Vista,can that be an issue?
    07-24-09 12:19 AM
    good one.thanks
    07-24-09 01:33 AM
    I downloaded the crackUtil,i also did the compatibility thingy in properties,when i open the software i leave the password step and press Ok or cancel,and then in few seconds a messege comes in says the password is incorrect or ur phone is not connected,but my blackberry is connected. please Help.
    thanks
    Did you try the 0000 suggestion?
    07-24-09 05:49 AM
    This guy has a good question - - anyone?

To *Wipe the OS* should i choose "Wipe Device Applications" or "Wipe Device File System" .?.. The description from 1st post sounds like both options remove the OS? If so then I should wipe the Applications, since I'm not sure how to replace the file system unless that is the OS... thanks (sorry if this has been covered - haven't had time to read this entire thread yet)
    07-25-09 10:49 PM
    This guy has a good question - - anyone?
    Sure, I'll answer it again here in this thread. The Wipe Device File System will remove all personal information from your device, and leave the OS standing. The Wipe Device Applications will remove all the files from your device, and wipe it clean.

Dang did I have that screwed up!
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 07-28-09 at 09:30 PM.
    07-25-09 11:00 PM
    This is a common problem as of late. Entering 0000 doesn't work. At least didn't for me. Just keep trying and trying(took me 20+ times) and it will eventually work.
    07-26-09 10:58 AM
    We're going to have to drag Pete kicking and screaming out of retirement to fix this.
    07-26-09 11:07 AM
    Lol, yessir. I thought about emailing him. It seems to only be a problem with Vista. I haven't had any issues with Windows at all. Will see if I can't find what the issue is.

07-26-09 12:11 PM
    This really sucks. I am fixing a friends device, removed a file and now CrackUtil is trying to tell me the password is wrong or the device isn't connected. When 5 minutes earlier t worked just fine with no password.

Edit: and after about the 50th time trying to open the program it worked...... :/
    07-26-09 05:37 PM
    Followup. I read through some of these posts and it seems like some people are getting varying results and effects. So I'm adding my own experience to the mix here.... I really am unexperienced and don't know anything about how this is supposed to go or what any of it means.

I did finally use the CrackUtil. Was real nervous. I did the 2nd option on Advanced screen. "Wipe Device File System" - was expecting the Error 507 and so on... I saw some flashes, then a white screen with the spinning/blinking hourglass, it took maybe a minute then i was back at the familiar "Welcome Screen" as if i had done the "Options > Security > General Settings > Wipe Handheld" .... I did the "CrackUtil Wipe Device File System" twice - both times i got the "Welcome Screen" there was no Error 507 and the OS was still there. (Maybe because during a previous OS Upgrade via Device Manager i chose to back up files???)

Then i tried the "Wipe Device Applications" (I had already removed all 3rd party apps prior to using CrackUtil the first time) - This one took just a few seconds. Immediately then I got the 507 Error. (Never would have thought I'd be happy to see something like that! )

Then the weird thing - as i was installing the OS. The AppLoader informed me that there were already OS files (the same version that i just wiped) on the phone and didn't i just want to reinstall those. ...??? Seems like the wipe uninstalled but didn't remove files, esp since it was so quick.. Is this like making a new partition or something on a PC?. -

...I'm not sure what any of this means. Hope it's useful... Oh yeah - and Thanks! It worked - I don't understand it - but It did work. Thanks
    07-28-09 08:51 PM
    Whenever I try to run CrackUtil I get an error message that says, �Phone Not Connected or Incorrect Password. Pleas Restart Program.� The only problem is I don�t have a password on my phone and the phone has already been connected to my PC before I run the program.
    I�m not for sure but it could be because I can�t click the box that says Run as Administrator even though I�m using the administrators profile on my computer.
    Can anyone help me?
    07-29-09 10:30 AM
    I could be wrong, running XP myself, but if you uninstall CrackUtil, and reinstall using a right click to enable administrators priveleges first, that should make a difference.

07-29-09 11:04 AM
    y la contrase�a donde lo encuentra por fa
    08-03-09 03:04 PM
    disculpen donde encuentra la contrase�a porfavor
    08-03-09 03:08 PM
    this program isn't working for me at all. i've uninstalled it and reinstalled various times and tried running it with the bold. every time i go to run the program i try hitting cancel when the password pop up comes and i have also tried leaving it blank. i get the same conclusion each time "file access denied". why is this happening? i am using vista and i have the latest dm and the factory os on the phone.

**EDIT**
    Since no one's method is working for my phone I will be doing mine own. I'll post a video up and post a link to it after I'm done.

Blackberry Bold + Gasoline + Matches + Two story House= Destoryed Blackberry
    Last edited by allurevibe; 08-05-09 at 08:33 PM.
    08-05-09 02:16 AM
    Hi Forum readers, I have the same story with my Storm. I just came off a BES with my personal device and want to dump the policy from that company. Loaded Crackutil, entered PW, same error "file access denied". Did I miss something? A little frustrating to say the least.

If any one has another way to dump the policy, please let me know!
    Thank you all,
    David
    08-05-09 12:01 PM
    Those of you who can't get into your device with "0000" as the password for a non-passworded device might want to try the new BBSAK. The 1.3 that just came out is incredibly easy to use and now can backup your OTA-installed apps in addition to wiping and blanking and OS installing.

08-05-09 11:09 PM
    Hi Forum readers, I did about four restarts to install a new graphics card, then put the machine back together, and restarted again. at the end of all that, I got a clean restart. I started Crackutil, then plugged in the BB, entered my password and "voila", I got access and am doing the IT policy removal right now. By the way, when crackutil failed the PW test earlier, it locked up and the only way to exit was via task manager ending the program.

So, it looks like I am a Crackutil fan now!!
    Thanks for the support,
    David
    08-06-09 12:56 AM
851 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD