just used this CrackUtil to wipe out the ITFirewall [red lock], worked like a charm! THANKS PETE!
    05-05-09 03:59 PM
    Thank you, Jeff!!! :-)))
    05-06-09 02:34 PM
    It worked!

My only problem is that I had originally synched all my contacts from my home pc to my work bberry (and after I did the enterprise activation, I synched back to my home pc and accidentally deleted all those contacts).

Now I'm trying to sync those contacts from my bberry back to my home PC, but the bberry says they all were synched using "Unknown" (because I've now gotten rid of the IT "desktop).

Does anyone know how to switch in the bberry the contact list from "Unknown" to "Desktop" [being my home one now] so I can get all these contacts back into Outlook?
    05-07-09 03:53 PM
    It is not required to do a wipe before loading an OS, but is does guarantee a clean install. Wiping with either CrackMem, CrackUtil, or JL_Cmder will give the same result. All three programs perform the same wipe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    But which wipe?

Wipe Device Applications or Wipe Device File System or both?
    05-08-09 09:42 PM
    i keep getting 'file access denied' i see other users are having the same issue, and no1 is approaching the subject! i really dont understand why its doing this. crackutil worked fine before. can someone help me!!
    05-08-09 11:22 PM
    But which wipe?

Wipe Device Applications or Wipe Device File System or both?
    Which program is giving you those choices? I don't recognize them, but I haven't wiped my device in a very long time. It isn't necessary.
    05-09-09 08:07 AM
    i have an 8900 with 4.6.1.206 and windows vista ultimate x64. i'm getting file access denied when trying to load up the application. help, please?
    05-10-09 03:37 PM
    Which program is giving you those choices? I don't recognize them, but I haven't wiped my device in a very long time. It isn't necessary.
    Using CrackUtil: Under the tab called Clearing Settings - ADVANCED
    05-11-09 07:38 PM
    Using CrackUtil: Under the tab called Clearing Settings - ADVANCED
    I had to go back and reread Pete's documentation. Both Wipe Functions result in a Java Error 507, which is the code for no OS installed. That's what you want to accomplish. I don't know how you can remove the OS and leave applications, so I don't understand the distinction between those two variations of wipe, unless Pete was trying to backup 3rd party apps.
    05-11-09 08:54 PM
    Hey there peeps (first post lol)

Basically, a few weeks ago I fried my OS and so finally learnt how to install it myself after waiting for those bastards at O2, Phones4U and Blackberry to do **** all. I then decided to make a backup of my phone in case it happened again... which it did of course lol!

So I restored the backup but at the time of backing it up, I had a device password set on it; and now that I have restored that backup, it locked my password on and firewall with a small red lock. I discovered how to remove the password red lock, however the firewall lock remained until(!) I found this amazing thread on removing the IT Policy which has worked perfectly on my Curve 8900 up until the point when I restored a recent backup I made, and now the little red lock has appeared again on the firewall??? grrr

what should I do?
    Thank you for being patient with me and my noobie posting skills.
    05-12-09 05:12 AM
    I'm still stucked at the error message incorrect password....... when I start the CrackUtil. I'm using vista Can someone pls help me?
    05-14-09 06:40 AM
    I use CrackUtil with Vista, and I have a password on my BlackBerry, and it works properly. So what you're experiencing is something specific to your configuration. Do you have a problem entering your password in Desktop Manager? CrackPic also prompts for your device password. Have you tried it?

05-14-09 07:16 AM
    I just tried to wipe my phone with crackutil. It seems like it did not completely wipe it clean..Only my 3rd party apps are gone. Shouldn't I receive the error msg after the phone is wiped? I still have a OS on it.

Thanks

update, had to use JL_Cmder to completely wipe my phone, crackutil wasn't working...
    Last edited by SuperTone; 05-14-09 at 09:45 AM.
    05-14-09 09:11 AM
    my phone has a password locked into it, this is why i need to reset my IT policy but crackutil will not accept my password therefor it will not let met access anything
    05-17-09 08:33 PM
    Thanks heaps for this

I now can enable/disable firewall
    05-17-09 09:57 PM
    my phone has a password locked into it, this is why i need to reset my IT policy but crackutil will not accept my password therefor it will not let met access anything
    ryan, in that cause, you're only other choice is to use jl cmder.
    05-19-09 09:27 PM
    Hi Pete,

My BB 8310 wont come on, still with the red light, Am trying to use this program to wipe the device but it gives this error " Password Incorrect or Phone not connected. Please Restart Program" although i have not set a password for the BB........Please help ! ! ! !
    Try "0000". I was having the same problem and I tried everything. Finally I put 4 zeros and it worked!
    05-21-09 01:16 AM
    propz thanks for the awesome program
    05-24-09 05:17 PM
    I'm having problems using crackutil. everytime I try to load a file, it tells me that the program cannot find javaloader. I even installed JLCmd and copied the files into c:\programfiles\crackutil, and it still cannot find it.

Any known solutions? Currently running XP.

Thanks
    05-28-09 08:29 PM
    I'm still stucked at the error message incorrect password....... when I start the CrackUtil. I'm using vista Can someone pls help me?
    this is happening to me now....BB Desk Manager is working but CrackUtil is not working properly....

password incorrect or phone not connected
    05-28-09 08:57 PM
    Pete or Jeff,

Is there a way when doing a "Retrieve File Listing" under the Intermediate tab that that list can be outputted or copied to the clipboard so it can be pasted into an email or other document?

Although I've had the app for months now, I just used it to verify the 5.0.0.9X files were properly installed under the BBCM Hybrid 6 and also used it to actually delete a file - very cool app. I know you are aware the clear event log is not working, but this is a very cool app nonetheless.

Thanks.
    05-30-09 08:55 AM
    Pete or Jeff,

Is there a way when doing a "Retrieve File Listing" under the Intermediate tab that that list can be outputted or copied to the clipboard so it can be pasted into an email or other document?

Although I've had the app for months now, I just used it to verify the 5.0.0.9X files were properly installed under the BBCM Hybrid 6 and also used it to actually delete a file - very cool app. I know you are aware the clear event log is not working, but this is a very cool app nonetheless.

Thanks.
    You could take a screenshot on your PC. I don't know any other way. Right-clicking and copying is not supported.
    05-30-09 09:44 AM
    does anyone has an answer to my issue?
    05-31-09 10:16 AM
    does anyone has an answer to my issue?
    Not sure if this solution will work but it did for me when I had the same issue.
    I got this from another thread. "when installing crack util...instead of directing it to "program files" click browse and direct somewhere else...for me i directed it to the folder browse..."
    05-31-09 10:34 AM
    Not sure if this solution will work but it did for me when I had the same issue.
    I got this from another thread. "when installing crack util...instead of directing it to "program files" click browse and direct somewhere else...for me i directed it to the folder browse..."
    That worked, thanks

05-31-09 11:48 AM
851 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD