PETE YOU ROCK!

i have been trying and trying to upgrade my OS with NO avail! this finally worked! thank YOU SO MUCH!
    07-19-08 12:50 AM
    CrackMem 2.3 now installs as a proper Windows application. It has Windows style help.

There is support (untested so I need feedback) for Vista 64 bit systems.

Under Vista you need to take one additional step after installation on all versions of Vista.

Right click on the CrackMem icon and scroll to Properties.

Select Properties and then on the next panel, select COmpatability and then click Run this program as an administrator. This only need to be done once right after installation.

In v2.3
    - Updated Help text to Windows standard Help
    - Made more room for expansion in main panel
    - Changed panel background color to blue
    - Changed selected OS display from Red to Blue
    - Added net_rim_bb_medialoader_320x240_b.cod
    and net_rim_bb_medialoader_240x260_b.cod to

- Remove wallpaper module.
    - Added ToolTips to buttons
    - Used Windows install
    07-21-08 08:56 AM
    is this usefull for clearing up an already installed OS or simply for adding a new OS.

I ask because last week I upgraded to 4.5.0.52 and it is brilliant but it could do with some of those other things taken off ?
    07-21-08 09:07 AM
    thank this was perfect for the noob who got overwhelmed
    07-21-08 12:06 PM
    Thank you Pete!
    07-21-08 12:23 PM
    is this usefull for clearing up an already installed OS or simply for adding a new OS.

I ask because last week I upgraded to 4.5.0.52 and it is brilliant but it could do with some of those other things taken off ?
    The answer is both yes and no. The thing to do is to download and install it. Try removing any modules that you don't want, connect your phone and and run Desktop Manager. Launch Applications Manager and some (but not all) will be removed. Trouble is, I am not sure which will be removed and which will stay. If you try this, I would really appreciate feedback to this thread.

Pete
    07-21-08 12:49 PM
    Great upgrades Pete!! Thank you for progressively working on such a fine program!!

I will be sure to use this when the next Beta comes out for me to install, should be some time this week!!

I have no issues doing manual optimizations, but I want to try out your program that you have been working hard on for all of us

Once again, thank you for all of your heard work. I am sure everyone appreciates it
    07-21-08 01:30 PM
    The answer is both yes and no. The thing to do is to download and install it. Try removing any modules that you don't want, connect your phone and and run Desktop Manager. Launch Applications Manager and some (but not all) will be removed. Trouble is, I am not sure which will be removed and which will stay. If you try this, I would really appreciate feedback to this thread.

Pete

Pete

thanks for that.

I am off to Cork between now and next Monday so it will be next week before i get the chance to run it but i most certainly will try and then give you feedback.
    07-22-08 02:44 AM
    Pete

I couldn't wait and downloaded it and tried it almost as soon as i posted the above.

all worked well until i got to the DM section after choosing what i wanted to be removed.

From there it connected to my phone and did an automatic sync as i normally do and then nothing else.

Now the only thing i didn't want removed from the list of memory busting apps was the voice dialing.

Maybe when i installed the OS last week i chose to remove all those options then and thus nothing happened because there was nothing to happen.

But, I had expected it to at least look like it was checking the phone OS first up before doing anything/having nothing to do, but it didn't.

But it certainly seems a mighty fine program for doing an OS update.

If you can suggest anything i might have missed out then please do but i did have this thread open when trying to do the job thus i was referring to your OP.

Thanks
    07-22-08 03:00 AM
    Went another step and tried both the App loader and the App updater.

App loader did give me the option to chose what bits of the OS were to be added [and apps such as facebook etc..] and when i was happy with that lot it told me that nothing needed to be changed.

Thus I made the mistake at first attempt of only running app updater and should have used app loader. This has confirmed to me that it checked the OS and I had already got rid of the bits I didn't want.

I can happily say that this looks like a great program and I can't wait to properly try it out with the next OS update.
    07-22-08 03:05 AM
    I am Happy to Report this version is working on vista x64 great job Pete6
    07-22-08 06:43 AM
    I am Happy to Report this version is working on vista x64 great job Pete6
    Great news. Thanks kev.

Please read post #77 in this thread for the one time 'tweak' to make CrackMem run under all versions of Vista.
    07-22-08 07:33 AM
    Ok It worked the first time but not the second I've been trying to get rid of that stupid voice dialing When I follow the steps I can't get past checking for updates in the DM I removed and reinstalled all programs bb os bb dm and crackmem does it matter that I'm trying to use the same os already on my bb?
    07-22-08 09:20 AM
    Ok It worked the first time but not the second I've been trying to get rid of that stupid voice dialing When I follow the steps I can't get past checking for updates in the DM I removed and reinstalled all programs bb os bb dm and crackmem does it matter that I'm trying to use the same os already on my bb?
    You have to use the same OS that is used on your phone if you want to try and install or remove a module.

Using CrackMem on an installed OS may or may not work depending on the module.

I have had a module (PTT) installed on the phone and removed it with CrackMem from the exact same OS on my PC and then comnnected the phone to the PC and DM has removed the module. Other times this has not worked.

You may be better off doing a sync and a Backup and starting over by bricking your phone and reinstalling the OS from zero. It is drastic but if you really want life without voice dialing then it may be the only way.

I think that I would use CrackMem's Put It Back button and then run the OS PC intsaller to make sure that I have a totally clean OS before starting this process - just to be sure.
    07-22-08 10:30 AM
    Pete first thank you --you have saved me thousands in property damage and therapy--Really
    May I also add Kudos on the simple menu option names--I wish it was always like that
    But I want to make sure I understand what you are suggesting I do

Sync and Backup my phone w DM
    Wipe the Blackberry
    Use Put it Back on in CrackMem and then run the OS PC Installer

All with the same OS version?

I have 2 t-mobile icons as well can this fix that too?
    Last edited by aforbes; 07-22-08 at 01:41 PM. Reason: wrong word used
    07-22-08 01:30 PM
    Pete first thank you --you have saved me thousands in property damage and therapy--Really
    May I also add Kudos on the simple menu option names--I wish it was always like that
    But I want to make sure I understand what you are suggesting I do

Sync and Backup my phone w DM
    Wipe the Blackberry
    Use Put it Back on in CrackMem and then run the OS PC Installer

All with the same OS version?

Very nearly right.

1. Sync and Backup my phone w DM
    2. Wipe the Blackberry
    3. Run the OS PC Installer to perform the phone OS upgrade with the options selected being active.
    4. Use Put it Back in CrackMem to reset the OS back to the way it was before you started so that if the install fails you can start over with a clean OS to work from.
    WHat are the two T-Mobile icons? Maybe I can handle these in a later release.
    Last edited by Pete6; 07-22-08 at 01:54 PM.
    07-22-08 01:51 PM
    You cannot get rid of the 2 t-zones icons... just hide one

It is a minor little bug if you are running OS 4.5.0.52 (or maybe some other OS 4.5s)
    07-22-08 01:53 PM
    You cannot get rid of the 2 t-zones icons... just hide one

It is a minor little bug if you are running OS 4.5.0.52 (or maybe some other OS 4.5s)
    Thank you, Sir.
    07-22-08 01:55 PM
    Thanks Pete I will try this and get back to you tonight
    Thanks bmcclure937 I have hidden one of the Icons-I didnt know what else to do-- I thought it was there bc I did something wrong
    07-22-08 02:26 PM
    Nice App! Thanks for the great utility, I won't install an OS without it.
    07-22-08 03:12 PM
    Nice App! Thanks for the great utility, I won't install an OS without it.
    Agreed

This is definitely staying on my computer for everytime I install a new OS.

And Lord knows how many I install with all these betas...

This has made is 100x easier. After awhile I just stopped optimizing because
    was such a pain in the rear on Vista getting past all the security confirmations.

This is by far a must need program for anyone who plans on installing
    new OSs.
    07-22-08 04:28 PM
    "Remove TTY" is the sweetest part about the prog
    it's like my own lil signature on your constitution.
    07-22-08 04:30 PM
    Ok I wiped the bb w JMloader
    It has the 507 error code but the dm says its still not able to establish a connection to the device
    I also removed os from computer and downloaded it again
    Plz Help
    07-22-08 08:38 PM
    Ok I wiped the bb w JMloader
    It has the 507 error code but the dm says its still not able to establish a connection to the device
    I also removed os from computer and downloaded it again
    Plz Help
    Have a look at this post BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com. This normally fixes the problem. It works just as well with DM 4.5.

Try pressing the red (call hangup) button on the BlackBerry once a second while the search process defined in the link is going on. Make sure that yu switch on the phone and start pressing the button as soon as you start the search. You almost need 3 hands.
    07-23-08 01:26 AM
    I rebooted my laptop and everything went as it should have Thaks A Lot
    07-23-08 07:41 AM
1,625 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD