Hi all, I'm running Lyricidal's 5.0.0.216/238 Hybrid on a 9500.
    I downloaded the latest version of the App Store today (I upgraded from pure 216 last night) and now app installs don't work for me; I have to use the mobile site. I think it has something to do with the new download method in this build- the app seems to download it and install it itself, as opposed to linking to the OTA like the old build did. I never had any problems with that version.
    The exact problem is that app icons show up in the downloads folder after being installed, but the modules don't seem to have been installed, it just comes up with a 'module missing' message and doesn't run. Then upon pulling the battery, said icon disappears as if it were never there. I figure it's some sort of permissions error, app store doesn't have the privileges required to install new modules or something like that. I've tried setting everything to 'Allow' under App Store's permissions but to no avail, there's no change to the problem.
    Can anyone shed some light on this, or if it's unfixable, provide a link to the old build of the app store before the new downloader was implimented?
    10-07-09 09:47 AM
    See this other thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f134/cr...erry+app+store

It doesn't appear to be a 5.0 issue, but seems to have something to do with changes to the way that applications are downloaded by the app.
    10-18-09 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD