I would like to get the app that gives Crackberry its own icon on my menu. I found an older post from 2008 that said to go to wap.crackberry.com and there would be instructions there on how to download it. I went there, on my phone, and I couldn't find anything.

Can someone tell me how to?

Thanks!
    10-28-10 01:16 PM
    The new version made by a different developer is actually available in App World. It's called CB-Launcher there.

Just search CB and sort it by Price and it will be right there for you.

PS Not the end of the world or anything, but this thread should have properly been posted in the 3rd Party Apps Forum, as it's not Torch-specific.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-10 01:30 PM
    Thanks! I am smacking my forehead because I saw CB-Launcher and in my skims was just watching for the word "crackberry". LOLOL

Sorry for posting in the wrong spot. I have a Torch so I just automatically go to this forum.

Speaking of....I loaded the app and it works fine...except I don't see the Torch forum listed???
    10-28-10 01:36 PM
    The app isn't updated with a Torch link. All the app does is take you to these forums through the browser. Just bookmark the forum page in your browser and its the same thing

10-28-10 01:43 PM
    Thanks! I was looking for a one step way to get here, but I will bookmark it for now
    10-28-10 01:45 PM
    Personally I rarely use the app.

I have a few CB links bookmarked, but I typically come here via my QuickLaunch shortcut to my Subscriptions page. (That's my one-step way!)

I only use it if I know I'm going to a sub-forum (or sub-sub-forum�) to save me from waiting for 3-4 pages to load before I get there.

I would expect them to update with links for Torch and Style and anything else missing very soon.
    That's why I keep it through App World, because they notify of upgrades to your free apps.

Last edited by elite1; 10-28-10 at 04:34 PM.
    10-28-10 02:00 PM
    Just bookmark the main forum and send it to your home screen. One click launching of the forums.
    10-28-10 02:58 PM
    Just bookmark the main forum and send it to your home screen. One click launching of the forums.

I hate sounding dumb...but how do I do that?
    10-28-10 03:04 PM
    I hate sounding dumb...but how do I do that?
    Go to the page you want to open from your home screen, press the BB button and chose "Add To Homescreen".
    Simple as that

Someone once told me "there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers". Good advice when dealing with tech forums.
    10-28-10 03:09 PM
    I have emailed the developer about adding the Torch. He may be waiting on a few more RIM devices to be released first but that's just speculation.
    10-28-10 03:43 PM
    You're right! It was simple. Thanks a lot!

Hopefully, the Torch will get added. But, for now, I have my one step access so I'm content

10-28-10 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD