1. I remember there used to be an app that would turn on the back light when an SMS was recieved. I've looked all over and I could not find one for the torch. Any help or tips?

2. On the Facebook app I do not have the option to use profile pictures as caller ID photos in my address book. I recently sent up enterprise activation with my company on the phone however they have assured me that it would not block any options. I have reinstalled the app and done a hard reset and nothing seems to make that option available. Any tips or help there?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
    09-08-10 01:46 PM

2. On the Facebook app I do not have the option to use profile pictures as caller ID photos in my address book. I recently sent up enterprise activation with my company on the phone however they have assured me that it would not block any options. I have reinstalled the app and done a hard reset and nothing seems to make that option available. Any tips or help there?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
    if you open the facebook application, and then go to the menu>options there is the "BlackBerry Contacts application" Make sure the box is checked to get the pics to sync to your contacts in your address book.

And then make sure the second box under that is checked as well. to "Updating existing photos" or something like that.

Hope that helps!
    09-08-10 01:55 PM
    the problem is that option is grayed out completely. i don't even have the option to select it. and i'm not sure why exactly.
    09-08-10 09:09 PM
    Sounds like you are on BES with no BIS email configured.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 09:27 PM
    Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but you might try Aerize Alerts for your SMS popups.
    09-09-10 09:11 PM
    I'll try setting up a BIS email. And Aerize isn't really what I'm looking for. I want the backlight to turn on when I get an SMS. For example, the phone is sitting down, screen black/locked, I get a text and the entire screen pops on, not just the LED indicator. I used to have it on my 9700
    09-11-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD