#1 -- There is already a 'Level', but how about a 'Scale' to weigh things? Sounds simple enough. Lay the Storm flat and put item on the screen.

#2 -- How about a mirror ? Sounds doable, right? Screen can turn into a mirror of some sort.

Comments...
    07-09-09 05:27 PM
    #1 I am sure would void any warranty with the phone......but cool concept.

My old BW palm Vx had a program that turned the screen black, essentially making it a mirror.
    I guess the same could be done for berries.
    07-09-09 05:32 PM
    Yeah I suppose if someone put something too heavy on it that could be a problem, but let's use some better judgment there. Plus I was thinking along the lines of a bag of weed or something. Haha!
    07-09-09 05:36 PM
    Yeah I suppose if someone put something too heavy on it that could be a problem, but let's use some better judgment there. Plus I was thinking along the lines of a bag of weed or something. Haha!
    programming wise there is no way to measure the impact on the screen
    07-09-09 06:06 PM
    1)Just buy from a reputable source...

2)Maybe we could create a little periscope-type reflector to put over the camera lens to point it back and you could see yourself

(Sorry, I'm a problem-solver, but not a programmer)
    07-09-09 06:15 PM

Totally didn't expect THAT.
    07-09-09 07:38 PM
    The app ideas never end do they :sigh:
    07-09-09 07:51 PM
    Sometimes the same ideas just keep resurfacing...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/usi...-scale-187558/
    07-09-09 08:05 PM
    LOL. Who in their right mind would want to put something heavy on their 'berry. The second idea seems cool, but then again, what are iPod Touchs for :P
    07-09-09 08:38 PM
    My son's DSi has a camera facing outward AND also one that points at the user. Why can't BB do that!!! Besides its cheaper and plays games better... If only it had a phone and all the email and stuff and was smaller and had a keyboard and GPS... It would totally kill BB. Hahaha. Sorry, I'm at the brewery and my regular bartender isn't here to BS with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 08:49 PM
    I have always thought a journal app would be great. I dont use a journal but it would be nice to be able to record your thoughts of the day in an app that could put a date stamp and back it up on your computer when you hook it up.
    07-09-09 09:35 PM
    #1 -- There is already a 'Level', but how about a 'Scale' to weigh things? Sounds simple enough. Lay the Storm flat and put item on the screen.
    There is no hardware to measure this.

#2 -- How about a mirror ? Sounds doable, right? Screen can turn into a mirror of some sort.

Comments...
    A mirror would need a chrome surface, which you can't 'display'. Even with a front-facing camera a mirror can't be done because of viewing angles, when you look at a mirror from a different angle the light reflection angle is different so you see a different picture depending on where you look at the mirror from.
    07-09-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD