Facebook, AIM, Twitter, Pandora, Viigo, while I use the browser or listen to music?
    05-21-09 11:08 PM
    you'd probably get some slowdown, and your battery wouldnt last too long.
    05-21-09 11:11 PM
    Why don't you try it and find out? All someone here would do is exactly that. They would try it and then report the results back to you, lol. Depends on how much memory you have available at the time. Running all of them at one would probably slow you down a tad.

Chris
    05-21-09 11:12 PM
    I don't have a blackberry yet. I want the Bold but am concerned about the low memory compared to the 8900. I would like Twitter, Facebook, AIM, Viigo running all day long. With periodic web browsing, texting, calls.
    05-21-09 11:15 PM
    Better order a Seidio Extended 3500maH battery along with it. That won't last you 8 hours.

Chris
    05-21-09 11:20 PM
    Facebook doesn't have to run to get updates, so no worries there, and I keep Instango on and connected pretty much all day, which is definitely more intensive than AIM alone. I use Pandora and Gokivo simultaneously with Instango, Gmail, and BerryWeather all running in the background. No way Viigo is more intensive than Gokivo, unless you have it set to constantly update everything and cache it all. I think you'd be fine. I don't bump my head on 128 MB very often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:43 AM
    I don't think the phone would be slowed down too much, unless the apps are all doing something while in the background instead of just "sitting" there like AIM would if you're not chatting with anyone. It will however work wonders on your battery... and not in a good way.
    05-22-09 12:45 AM
    Facebook doesn't have to run to get updates, so no worries there, and I keep Instango on and connected pretty much all day, which is definitely more intensive than AIM alone. I use Pandora and Gokivo simultaneously with Instango, Gmail, and BerryWeather all running in the background. No way Viigo is more intensive than Gokivo, unless you have it set to constantly update everything and cache it all. I think you'd be fine. I don't bump my head on 128 MB very often.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    So Facebook doesn't need to be running for me to get an alert that I have a notification? (the phone beeping or w/e)
    05-22-09 12:50 AM
    Nope. Facebook works by converting email messages that show up from Facebook into notifications in that program. Closing the app doesn't stop you from getting the email, so you still get the notifications.
    05-22-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD