Alright so, right now I am typing from my blackberry on my computer using a little program called bluCTRL, I was just reading this in a different thread not so long ago and decided to share with my fellow Curve owners. Well it takes use of the Bluetooth capabilities on both your phone and on your computer. Which I think is nifty, I am basically using the keyboard on the Curve to be able to type this, and I am using the trackball to scroll around on Windows. I haven't tried this on XP but I am currently using this on Vista and it works great! It's two parts, the first part is software on your phone and then there is the software on your computer. So far I have not been seeing any slow down of my phone at all. So far I have been able to open applications on my computer from my phone without even having to touch my mouse or keyboard. It has options for all Windows commands like CTRL+ALT+DEL etc.etc. Function keys. F1, F2 etc. Combinations like CTRL+X, CTRL+C, etc. Even Media Controls that you use in Windows Media Player, iTunes etc. You are able to control Next, Pause, Volume, etc. I think this is very nifty and I wanted to be able to share with you guys this awesome little app! I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I. btw. This is made specifically for the Blackberry!

BluCTRL
    01-28-09 01:18 AM
    ooh thats cool!
    thanks for the info!
    01-28-09 01:20 AM
    I could see it being very useful the other way around. I guess it's cool to use as a little remote for your media center or a presentation. Definitely neat.
    01-28-09 01:36 AM
    sounds like it would be pretty cool to use on a laptop. You dont have to have it on your lap, and you dont have to have it so close to you. Set it on a nearby table or something.

I would enjoy something like this, but my laptop does not have bluetooth
    01-28-09 01:46 AM
    i installed the reciever and the part on my phone, the part on my phone is fine but my laptop keeps saying that it stopped working and windows is looking for a solution and it has vista and bluetooth capability
    01-28-09 01:50 AM
    That's weird, I am running it perfectly. I had no hangs no nothing, the only problem was is that I am running a cheep bluetooth dongle and I was running the software it came with, I had to remove that to be able to use the Native Windows Bluetooth Stack to be able to use it, I am not too entirely sure but I know that I had to do some tweaking to get mine to work properly. There must be something on the bluetooth's end creating a hang. Try deleting the connection between the phone and the bluetooth and try again.
    01-28-09 01:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD