Just had an idea that would be kinda cool for the storm, not saying i 'm not a fan of the RIM OS or anything but it would be neat if there was a program like bootcamp for the storm where you could install another OS and be able to choose which one to load up when you restart the device. What do you guys think?
    04-15-09 09:13 AM
    I see it now, More memory leaks. Good idea though.
    04-15-09 09:26 AM
    I doubt that is possible...don't think you can partition the memory like that. (at least I don't think WE can)

Would be cool though...only problem is the limited space
    04-15-09 09:40 AM
    seriously ? kinda lame imo...
    04-15-09 09:41 AM
    Think it would be cool, But will never happen.
    04-15-09 10:15 AM
    100% will never happen for MANY reasons. Has nothing to do with partitioning memory or anything anyone said above, its just merely impossible to write drivers for hardware when specs arent shared. This would be a MASSIVE undertaking as well.
    04-15-09 11:12 PM
    Well, i belive we could see a linux distro at some point on the phone....linux runs on anything ( and i love linux )....as far as a bootcamp kind of thing, i dont see it happening. I know the iPhone currently has a bootcamp type app that lets you boot into linux or the iphone OS tho. Dont see why as the iphone ( to my understanding ) runs of a variation of the mac os which is based off of unix ( which is like linux )....
    04-15-09 11:16 PM
    didn't some kid install WINMO on an iPhone is Sweden or somewhere?
    04-15-09 11:19 PM
    The iPhone has a linux-like kernel, so it isn't a huge stretch to make it work. The Blackberry Storm does not, and no Linux drivers exist for it. I would love to see it, but I am afraid it is more likely Verizon will hand us all new Storm 2s for free.
    04-15-09 11:29 PM
    I see linux happening at some point. I know guys that have installed Pico linux on their watch, just cause they can.

Multi-os? If we don't have enough app memory as it is I doubt this could be a possibility.
    04-15-09 11:34 PM
    The iPhone has a linux-like kernel, so it isn't a huge stretch to make it work. The Blackberry Storm does not, and no Linux drivers exist for it. I would love to see it, but I am afraid it is more likely Verizon will hand us all new Storm 2s for free.
    Lmao any ways...
    Its not a question of IF RIM can do it its a WHY kinda thing. with the current OS now they have gotten it down(well almost) if they wanted to change it it would take forever.I know i dont want to wait for them to get their sh&t straight all over again . LOL
    04-15-09 11:38 PM
    I see linux happening at some point. I know guys that have installed Pico linux on their watch, just cause they can.
    wasnt there some kind of meeting a while ago ... something about verizon and a L.I.M.O. meeting for plans on a linux based OS? it was around the same time verizon was looking at google android stuff. i might be wrong but i kinda remember this happening so maybe linux phone will be happening soon???
    04-15-09 11:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD