Contacts and App World issues following OS
My Curve 9300 kinda died and so I upgraded to the latest OS 6 (I believe) which was meant to resolve the problem. It at least got my phone working again.
1) Can't access or update my contacts
2) BlackBerry app world app seems to have vanished
3) The device keeps asking me to format my memory card - I am worried I will lose all my contacts etc if I do so.
I have tried attaching to desktop, it says it's done updates, I can't tell whether it has backed up my contacts. How do I do that?
Any advice gratefully received
- 06-11-2012, 01:33 PM #2
Hi ..... The first question I didn't seem to get can you please elaborate on updating contacts ???
2 - have you checked in applications list whether app world is present there or not ? Or it could be that you have no service book or you didn't check the option while installing the os
3 - if the device is asking you to formatte your memory card then you probably have a bad video or mp3 or a fragmented file in it that the phone doesn't seem to read try formatting it ! It should solve your problem
Hi @smugglerkid and thanks for your reply.
1) when I access the contacts icon, BB won't let me add any new contacts or edit any that are there. It then just freezes the phone if I attempt to do anything and only a battery pull will unfreeze it.
2) I cannot find the App World icon, though all my other icons appear to be there. I don't know how to download the app.
3) BB keeps asking me if I want to format the card, but I am worried if I do that that I will lose all of my contacts. Is there a way of ensuring I have them backed up either on the phone or to my desktop?
Thanks again for your interest
- 06-12-2012, 06:06 AM #4
now i get it !!!! when your phone died in the first place it was because one of your modules was corrupted and you probably reinstalled without wiping your phone ..... this seems to create more problems than solving the first ones ....... only thing you can do is to download google sync .... sync all your contacts ! for bbm contacts if you can use bbm without any problem then there is an option for an on board back up in the bbm that you can save any where on your computer or so ...... then wipe your phone using jl commander and install a clean fresh and latest os and dont forget to tick mark the app world option
Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
smugglerkid, thank you again. I am not adept with technology as you will have gathered.
I managed to download and use the sync, hooray!
Just wanted to ask you one more thing....I am looking up the jl commander stuff and assume it wipes my BB clean? Will I lose all my applications if I do this? I can't figure out where they will be stored