I have a Tmobile blackberry curve 8320 that wont sync anymore. I need to back up my contacts does anyone know any programs I can download on my phone to back them up?
    11-04-09 02:17 PM
    I believe a lot of posters use google sync for ota backups
    11-04-09 02:25 PM
    Desktop Manager
    11-04-09 02:37 PM
    You can try skydeck if your DM is not working correctly

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 12:26 PM
    You can also check out our new Blackberry app, Aurkon. It provides free, automatic, and wireless backup for everything on your Blackberry. Just install it and never worry about losing your info or manually backing up again!

It's on the Blackberry App World here:
    BlackBerry App World - Aurkon- Automatic Backup

And Crackberry:
    Aurkon: Automatic Backup - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    11-21-09 03:27 PM
    I use Aurkon it is a great app and you never have to worry about those contacts again. And the yeck with hooking up to your computer to backup...The only time I want to go thru that is for a net connection...Hee...Hee
    11-21-09 05:21 PM
    You can also check out our new Blackberry app, Aurkon. It provides free, automatic, and wireless backup for everything on your Blackberry. Just install it and never worry about losing your info or manually backing up again!

It's on the Blackberry App World here:
    BlackBerry App World - Aurkon- Automatic Backup

And Crackberry:
    Aurkon: Automatic Backup - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    Does Aurkon work with OS 5.0.0.348?
    11-22-09 02:06 PM
    11-22-09 02:09 PM
    mIQ is a great app also but it did not work on 4.6.1.315 so I'm guessing its not working on 5.0.0.348 either.
    11-22-09 02:16 PM
    I tried out Aurkon using my new Storm the other day....works great! I installed it once and it just run in the background.... I don't have to use worry about constantly updating my BB through a hardwire on the desktop software anymore. I highly recommend trying Aurkon out.
    11-24-09 06:30 PM
    S4BB has a free beta out on App World and their website called:
    DataBackup FREE BETA

It saves Contacts, Messages, and more to your microSD card.
    Seems to work okay!
    (I had to use it unfortunately after nuking my phone with a corrupted OS download...)

Just make sure you make separate backups of each instead of 1 backup of all together. It was so large that it took too long to restore when I needed it. Almost all made it back, except literally the last few entries in my Contacts.
    Luckily I found a backup on my PC the next day and fully restored all.
    11-24-09 10:28 PM
    S4BB has a free beta out on App World and their website called:
    DataBackup FREE BETA

It saves Contacts, Messages, and more to your microSD card.
    Seems to work okay!
    (I had to use it unfortunately after nuking my phone with a corrupted OS download...)

Just make sure you make separate backups of each instead of 1 backup of all together. It was so large that it took too long to restore when I needed it. Almost all made it back, except literally the last few entries in my Contacts.
    Luckily I found a backup on my PC the next day and fully restored all.
    I am also trying that app. I found that it did not do very well restoring Email. It was very haphazard. None of the dates were correct and in many cases there was no body to the email messages. I did report it but have not heard anything back from them. I also tested TASKS backup and it, too, was faulty (I don't use Tasks so it was easy to experiment and not worry about data loss!)
    11-24-09 11:45 PM
    I tried out Aurkon using my new Storm the other day....works great! I installed it once and it just run in the background.... I don't have to use worry about constantly updating my BB through a hardwire on the desktop software anymore. I highly recommend trying Aurkon out.
    I installed Aurkon and it seems to be working: the app currently shows 'Backup: running, 0 records in queue, 724 records transmitted'. But I kept getting emails from SafeCopyBackup.com (their back end storage service) saying it wasn't getting anything to back up. It looks like these have stopped now and something is getting stored on their server. But my account also has an expiration ticker that says it will expire in 24 days (signed up 6 days ago, so that's 30 days total). How can that be, when the site says you get storage for free?

Also, the Mac application for SafeCopy keeps crashing every time it tries to run on my MacBook in Snow Leopard, some error about an exception with Memopal?
    01-05-10 03:29 PM
    So desktop manager hasn't let me down. Google sync recently started duplicating all of my contacts and randomly deleting some or even mixing them up!
    I installed Aurkon which seems like a very simple program but I wanted more control. Now I'm trying mIQ. I haven't tried restoring from Aurkon or mIQ, but from what I hear they work well....here's hoping.

And deesto - I think the 30 day free trial you are talking about is for SafeCopy? Seems like Aurkon has an affiliation with them (for if you want to manage your contacts online), otherwise seems free.
    01-30-10 10:25 AM
    So desktop manager hasn't let me down. Google sync recently started duplicating all of my contacts and randomly deleting some or even mixing them up!
    I installed Aurkon which seems like a very simple program but I wanted more control. Now I'm trying mIQ. I haven't tried restoring from Aurkon or mIQ, but from what I hear they work well....here's hoping.

And deesto - I think the 30 day free trial you are talking about is for SafeCopy? Seems like Aurkon has an affiliation with them (for if you want to manage your contacts online), otherwise seems free.
    Yep: SafeCopy account is good for 30 days and then it expires (unless you pay for it). Aurkon is free (unless, as trimax said, you want to access your backups online) and runs backups in the background silently, but I don't know how well the restore works as I haven't tried it yet. And I've had the same problem with Google Sync recently: I'm suddenly noticing missing contacts! Why?!?
    01-30-10 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD