theprep-

...I think you might be right. I just realized that I don't have a "wall" anymore, I have "funwall" for some stupid reason.

I went and deleted both the Funwall and the Movies application. Let's see what happens now...

split
    You didn't have to delete them to be honest it's just that the funwall/movies app will send text based emails. / The actual facebook wall is what would come to the application. But you sound like them text based emails are annoying the mess out of you lol but check it out I'm curious to see how it works. I'll check back for the reply 2mrw from my berry. take it easy.
    06-19-08 01:21 AM
    o also on a side note. i dont know if you thought about turning off the notification email for you add ons depending on how many you have it may be annoying, but at least that'll only have the stuff the facebook application can actually handle showing up on your berry. just a thought though.
    06-19-08 01:23 AM
    I dun think you can extract that file as it is installed via OTA. So logically you won't find it under the Java folder on your comp nor any other place.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-08 01:34 AM
    O I didn't mean for it to sound lk I was saying to alter the facebook app on the berry. I was saying go in facebook itself on a pc and turn off email notification for the add ons on the profile. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

06-19-08 07:29 AM
    To be honest, getting notification aboutt "funwall" posts on the berry is ridiculous anyhow-I can't open the links successfully on the BB, so why bother?

I'll delve in a bit deeper today, but I think theprep nailed it.

I feel kinda silly, so thanks for all the help everyone.

split
    06-19-08 11:29 AM
    Don't feel silly I mean it does say facebook app for berry so I also thought at one point everything from facebook should be handled. But yeah let me know what you find out but I think we solved the main probs. Good job everyone.

06-19-08 12:33 PM
    .....facebook withdrawl.......oh...dear god....
    06-19-08 02:50 PM
    I've been running the new version for about a week and half now and I've had no problem, just got a Facebook message (with notification) a couple minutes ago.
    06-20-08 02:53 PM
    does this newer version automatically update on your BB? or did you guys do it manually?

and as far as recieving things properly, i'm only on 1.0 and always got what i was supposed to. my status was just never in sync with the status i posted on the actual facebook website.
    06-20-08 03:36 PM
    does this newer version automatically update on your BB? or did you guys do it manually?

and as far as recieving things properly, i'm only on 1.0 and always got what i was supposed to. my status was just never in sync with the status i posted on the actual facebook website.
    to your first question it's not automatically pushed to the phone you have to go to the mobile blackberry site and just install it.

2. it seems that if you update the status from the berry it'll sync w the actual website, i have yet to see the website status update sync with the berry though.

other than that mine is working just fine.
    06-21-08 03:12 AM
    Hello everyone!
    I'm glad to find this post coz I found out that I'm not the only one having problems with facebook!
    I haven't been receiving notifications on my bb for some time, not new posts on my wall, new messages....nothing!
    I see some of you figured out a solution, but I'm not sure what to do. Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks!
    do you have the email set up to receive facebook notifications set up on your berry? that could be a reason why nothing is coming through. also make sure you don't have an email filters set up. / also make sure you have email notifications turned on on the facebook site itself. if those don't help then i'm not sure whats going on. maybe try to take it off and reinstall it maybe. i'll check back periodically for your update to see if any of those helped.
    06-21-08 03:14 AM
    mine has been working real good ever since i got the new facebook program. actually better than the old one
    06-21-08 03:00 PM
    Hi theprep, thanks for answering.
    Well this is my situation. When I post or write messages from my BB it syncs with the facebook website. BUT when people write me messages or post on my wall I don't receive them on my BB.
    It always work fine for months, then last week I noticed something wasn't right.
    Hope to solve asap!
    Did you check your junk/spam folder in whatever email you are using to make sure that it is not sending them there? I don't think the junk folder is pushed to the berry. Just a thought. If everything else is working right I'm not sure what would cause a one way problem like that. / I wander if anybody else is having the same problem.
    06-22-08 01:24 AM
    I'm a T-Mo user and, after re-pushing service books post BIS 2.5 update, I'm not getting any notifications in the Facebook app, they're all going into my inbox (T-Mo BIS device address is my current notification address.)

Is anyone else having this, specific issue? If so, how have you resolved this? I've re-downloaded and installed the FB app over itself as well as uninstalled and reinstalled it, all to no avail.
    07-01-08 11:37 AM
    Hey all-

I feel realy dumb here...but I had FB on my BB and the track ball stopped working. They send me a new BB and now I can't remember how I got FB on there in the first place. How do I get it on my new phone? I seem to remember with the first phone the first time I logged on to FB, it asked if I wanted to download FB for BB, but I can't find that anymore!

Thanks! Having withdraw here!
    07-01-08 11:47 AM
    Either go to the blackberry mobile site or go to the blackberry site w your berry plugged in and find facebook it'll load it. The ota is easiest. - however I am now experiencing the wall post as notification error others have reported. so I don't know if a fix is coming for it or not.

07-01-08 03:36 PM
    Well this is my story, how FB notifications first worked and then didn't...

Pre BIS 2.5:

I have always had my Hotmail account linked to my FB account. Since the FB app said that I needed to have the e-mail linked to FB arriving to my BB I tried to do that. However, my Hotmail account was no one of the lucky ones to work before BIS 2.5.

I was, however, lucky enough to be able to forward my Hotmail account to any e-mail I wanted to and to keep copies of the messages on the server (some users are limited to only forward them to MS e-mails and others can forward them anywhere but cannot keep the messages on the server).

So for the heck of it, I forwarded my Hotmail messges to my Blackberry.net e-mail... and Facebook notifications worked!

Fast forward to BIS 2.5:

I am now able to get my Hotmail pushed directly to my BB... surprise, surprise, my FB notifications no longer work and everything comes through e-mail.

Keep in mind I do not have any 3rd party apps for e-mail display or anything like that. My BB is very clean in means of apps installed.

This in no way fixes the issue, but I figured I'd share my exprience.

EDIT: After some testing, I switched Facebook to send notification to my Blackberry.net BIS e-mail and new notifications started working through the FB app.

Switching back FB to my Hotmail e-mail for notification makes notifications come through as e-mails and not notification on the FB app.

So it seems the FB app does not "read" incoming mail on other inboxes besides the BIS inbox. At least that seems to be my case... that sucks.
    07-04-08 04:30 PM
    I have my facebook notifications going to my yahoo email address. I experienced the notifications going to my messages inbox like said, it did that for a day. The only issue that I am having w mine now is my wall posts are just displaying as notifications within the facebook application like others have posted, mine just started recently after I posted in the thread which sucks. Everything else come through as it should it was doing this before I upgraded from 4.2 to 4.5 so I doubt it's the os. I think the app is just having trouble now in general since so many people are reporting problems that are different. Hopefully another release will address all of our issues.
    07-05-08 08:31 PM
    Ok I know this thread is old but I think I figured hv an idea why the wall notifications aren't coming through properly. Thinking about it I think our problems started w the facebook chat implementation on the site. W that said you get an area called "notifications" on the berry when you get a wall post it is listed w the word notification on it just like on the chat and facebook itself. I think that's how it is being pushed to the device rather than it just coming as a wall post as it should. Just my $.02. Any other thoughts would be great but I don't think its the application @ all.

07-11-08 04:01 PM
    I have this problem also! I've been talking with RIM about this and they came to the conclusion that "they will keep researching the problem and will get back to me". HA! I guess that means they have no idea what is going on. So there is no way to get back to version 1.0?
    08-05-08 03:44 PM
    Someone has to have to 1.0 file- please, for the love of all that's holy, share!!

I'd much rather deal with the "is" issue than this notification mess.

Thanks,

Split

08-05-08 05:37 PM
    Someone has to have to 1.0 file- please, for the love of all that's holy, share!!

I'd much rather deal with the "is" issue than this notification mess.

Thanks,

Split

Yeah...anyone? Please?!?
    08-05-08 07:37 PM
    I think it was a facebook issue itself. Mine is working as it should be and has been for a while. Maybe try to uninstall/reinstall it and see if that fixes everything.

I'm sure all of yall hv the email you use to receive notifications configured w bis bc that's how it works and hv your notifications turned on facebook itself.

Shoot if that don't work then I hv no idea how to get the old version. All download links I know of point to the new version.

08-06-08 04:01 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD