So I have a new Bold 9780 running os6 and I installed Weathereye but cannot get it working 100%. I've tried uninstalling it a few times but I'm pretty sure it doesn't completely uninstall. When I reinstall the application either through app world, web link or .cod file through BBSAK it goes right back to the same location on my screen and has the same default city in the program. Anyone know how I can remove all traces of the program and reinstall clean to see if that's the problem?

I did find a previous thread that dealt with a similar problem that never found a solution, hoping I do better this time.
    11-16-10 04:58 PM
    I've noticed that apps tend to reinstall in their previous location. That information may be held in the Content Store. You can try clearing it. Use Desktop Manager and go to the Advanced Backup and Restore screen. In the right hand window, select Content Store, then push the Clear button at the bottom of the window. That will reduce the Content Store to its minimum size, and won't cause any harm, even if it doesn't solve your problem.
    11-16-10 05:18 PM
    Have you done a Battery Pull after your un-install?
    11-16-10 05:22 PM
    Yes I have done multiple battery pulls with the same result. I'll try the content store and let you know.
    11-16-10 05:36 PM
    I just had to do a hard wipe. I did new installs of all the same apps. I went from 93mb free to 113mb free. I think if I had known there would have been that big of a difference, I would have tried to figure out why...
    11-16-10 06:10 PM
    So I have a new Bold 9780 running os6 and I installed Weathereye but cannot get it working 100%. I've tried uninstalling it a few times but I'm pretty sure it doesn't completely uninstall. When I reinstall the application either through app world, web link or .cod file through BBSAK it goes right back to the same location on my screen and has the same default city in the program. Anyone know how I can remove all traces of the program and reinstall clean to see if that's the problem?

I did find a previous thread that dealt with a similar problem that never found a solution, hoping I do better this time.
    JimA is correct. The only solution to this is to wipe your device. Being an avid beta tester, I have found this to be true. However, do not be too estatic about the extra memory gained by doing so, as a lot of applications need to download/install additional resources to work properly again, so the initial gain will be eventually decreased.

Here is a post by a well respected developer (LSPhone) that can explain it MUCH better that I can:
    Deleting it in Options/Applications should get rid of the app's program and any data that came with it, but may or may not get rid of persistent data and settings created by the app after it was installed. That can remain and build up, for example, as you test many free trials and delete them.

For apps that store data as custom "classes", that data should be automatically removed when the app is completely uninstalled, because the class definition no longer exists. That's why many apps lose their settings when uninstalled and reinstalled.

However, apps that store data as generic types, such as vectors of long integers, will not have their data automatically deleted. (This is why you often can't reset your free trial of an app by uninstalling and reinstalling; the app has stored at least some data in such a way that it doesn't get deleted with the app.) For a complete uninstall, the app would have to provide a function to delete its data before you uninstall it. Since the app will not automatically be notified that it's about to be uninstalled, that function would have to be manual.

I don't think there's any "clean-up" app that could be written for this. Probably the only way to clean out such build-up is to wipe the phone and reload it.
    You can check the thread here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/mos...4/#post5721296

HTH
    11-16-10 09:13 PM
    The app goes back to the same location on your screen/folders because the icon location is stored in your current theme layout database, not because of the app. Also, some apps save their settings to internal media memory locations or the user data location. Navigate your memory locations with the Files app and find the settings file. Deleting that will usually delete the apps static settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-10 11:49 PM
    Not all settings can be removed even by a security wipe; vestiges of apps you've used a trial for, for example, remain until you do a complete wipe and OS reload. Unless you're doing lots of downloading however, it really shouldn't make a real difference.

11-17-10 02:16 AM
    Not all settings can be removed even by a security wipe; vestiges of apps you've used a trial for, for example, remain until you do a complete wipe and OS reload. Unless you're doing lots of downloading however, it really shouldn't make a real difference.

Yes. This. Just to clarify on my previous post, I mean to wipe (and reload the OS) not just an on device security wipe.

11-17-10 02:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD