I have an app i need to COMPLETELY Remove. I need to do a NEW install of the app. (If that makes sense) When i remove the program and reinstall it, the previous version seems to be cached in the system.

Now i probably should have tried but does the DM do that, because i have been removing it from inside the APPLICATIONS Section on my Storm.

Any help??
    02-21-09 01:13 PM
    well, it would make sense to me that if your backin up ur ph>then removing the app> then re-install it> then backing up ur phone again to update wat you just did - i dont think the dm would put it back. your not hookin up usb and "restoring" right? that would prob put back the "old" one so to speak cuz you would use the most current b/u.
    ok-so you did a delete from your phone from the APPS- did u try 2 do batt pull so ur ph resets AND then re-install that app? maybe that will work?
    any1 else got any input??
    02-21-09 01:30 PM
    When i delete the app from my phone it says it must reboot. So i do the reboot, and it is removed from my phone but when install it the settings i had in it on the previous version are still there.

Just odd, its kind of like when you uninstall a program on your PC, your program is removed but the folder in your system is still there, so if you reinstall it, it uses that old folder and settings.
    02-21-09 01:35 PM
    When i delete the app from my phone it says it must reboot. So i do the reboot, and it is removed from my phone but when install it the settings i had in it on the previous version are still there.

Just odd, its kind of like when you uninstall a program on your PC, your program is removed but the folder in your system is still there, so if you reinstall it, it uses that old folder and settings.
    It's always going to do that. You cannot clear those settings unless you do a wipe on certain database within BB. The app is uninstalled, but preferences are still there. It's normal.
    02-21-09 03:08 PM
    How do i remove the software from the database?? what database
    02-21-09 07:33 PM
    any ideas on how to clear ALL the information regarding an APP i just installed. I really dont want to WIPE my device. I need to Have a FRESH install of the app because it is not working after updating to .109. I had the same problem with the same app after updating to .103. But a complete wipe of the blackberry and installing all my programs again worked. But i really dont want to reinstall ALL my programs.
    02-25-09 05:37 PM
    any ideas on how to clear ALL the information regarding an APP i just installed. I really dont want to WIPE my device. I need to Have a FRESH install of the app because it is not working after updating to .109. I had the same problem with the same app after updating to .103. But a complete wipe of the blackberry and installing all my programs again worked. But i really dont want to reinstall ALL my programs.
    What application?

The application can store data in 3 places - Persistent Storage, Device Memory, and SD Card.

Persistent Storage - This is like an internal database in your device. If the application follows standards, then any information stored in here should get deleted when you delete your application. If the application does not follow good practices, this data will stay in your device until it is formatted. With the abundance of new programmers for the Storm, this may occur often.

Device Memory - This is the device's internal filesystem. It should be accessible through mass storage mode, and you should be able to look around to see if any files look like they'd be associated with the program.

SD Card - This is the memory card, again should be accessible via mass storage mode and you should be able to tell if any files relate to your application.
    02-25-09 05:48 PM
    Thanks for the reply acowart. It is Blackberry Alerts, the different notifications settings (ie. Missed Call)are suppose to show up as an option in my profile settings, kind of like the option to change your Blackberry messenger ring. You set your ring and the software repeats it according to the settings in the software. But when i updated the OS to .109 it still has the software but the options in the profile settings are gone, ive tried to delete and reinstall but that doesnt work, its kind or like cached in the system. The last time i had to wipe the device completely to get it to give me the settings back. So what do you think i should do.
    02-25-09 05:53 PM
    bump bump :0)
    02-25-09 08:07 PM
    Make sure you are clearing your browser cache before you try to reinstall.

If that fails, think again about a wipe.
    02-25-09 10:52 PM
    Just tried clearing the browser cache. It didNt Help. Program still not working correctly. I can always tell its not going to work before i even open the program because after the ORGINAL install i filed the icon shortcut in my Application folder(when you first install it it puts it in the downloads folder). So when i delete the program the icon is gone, when i reinstall the blackberry remembers some how that it was in the application folder, so it puts it back the way it was before it was uninstalled,

This sucks i HATE doing a wipe, I have to REINSTALL Everything and redo MY BES.

UGH!!

Anybody with any other thoughts before i WIPE??
    02-26-09 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD