Hey everybody,

I'd like to take a moment to announce a new BlackBerry app we've been working on which is going to change the way you experience your shared media.

The app is named Hypoxia.

Hypoxia is a full featured media player for the BlackBerry, which allows users to stream media TO, and FROM supported Media Servers on their home network.

Users can simply browse networked Media Servers (ie. TVersity or Windows Media Player) through Hypoxia, and select what they want to watch, or listen to.

It also has the capabilities to stream TO Windows Media Player, Xbox 360, or another BlackBerry. For a fun stress test the other night, we setup Hypoxia on a Bold 9700, and enabled streaming. We were able to stream a full-length movie TO Windows, streamed some music to a Storm 2, and watched another full-length movie on the same 9700 that was acting as the Media Server

We've released four streaming demo videos on Youtube for everybody to check-out.

More information can be found on the Hypoxia Website , and Twitter @HypoxiaPlayer

Hypoxia will be available via the CrackBerry store in the very near future!

Chad.
    08-11-10 07:04 PM
    Sounds awesome! Need beta testers?
    08-11-10 11:20 PM
    we've had one round of private beta testing already a little while ago.

if we end up looking for more people i'll let everybody know.
    08-12-10 06:21 AM
    Looks interesting. Hope to find out more soon.
    08-12-10 03:49 PM
    We decided to add an option to update your Twitter status with your currently playing song, tonight.

I know there's a few of us out there who like to share great taste in bands with their followers
    08-12-10 10:12 PM
    Looks cool. If you could figure out how to stream Netflix from a PC to Blackberry, I would pay at the very least $10 for the app. Maybe that's an entirely different program for you guys to design in the future
    08-12-10 10:22 PM
    I'm pretty sure there's a netflix plugin for TVersity which Hypoxia works well with.

Haven't tested this exact scenario yet, but if it's in a format the blackberry can play, then it should stream from TVeristy to Hypoxia.
    08-12-10 10:30 PM
    Would love to hear the results if you get around to it! Looking forward to the app regardless. My music library is at least 10x larger than I can fit on a micro SD.
    08-12-10 10:34 PM
    Ya, I think that most people have a lot of music/video's shared at home than they can carry with them, I know I'm digging the app, especially because of the streaming.

we've always tried to make unique, and useful apps, I hope you all enjoy this one.
    Last edited by chadtatro; 08-12-10 at 10:54 PM. Reason: woops
    08-12-10 10:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD