Well Sultan Al Sooz has been hard at work these last few weeks with his latest update to the best app for BlackBerry (in my opinion) Advance OS and LED. As most of you know this app just keeps getting better and better and with this update Sultan didn't disappoint his fans. He will soon included a ILaunch feature so you can launch almost anything on the device with just a couple quick clicks of the keypad. The other new feature he is adding is the ability to filter SMS and email popups to only show for your known contacts or just the LED contacts.

Here's a quick rundown of the new features:

- The ability to launch almost any app on your phone with just a couple clicks.

- You can also launch your favorite websites just as easy. Hit a couple keys and you are on the web page you visit most.

- You can setup your favorite phone contacts and have the ability to dial them from this ILaunch feature. I set mine up and put my daughter first and with just 3 clicks of the convenience key the app will dial her number for me.

- There is also a very powerful feature that allows you to setup a "custom action" for the things that might need it. For me I have a few of these custom action features setup. For example I can launch my bluetooth with just a couple quick clicks and Advance OS and LED takes care of the rest.

- The app will be able to run scripts like enabling bedside mode, switch profiles, switch the network on/off, it can even launch apps (like FB or Twitter) and then login for you as well.

- Pretty much anything you can imagine will be able to be run by Advance OS and LEDs new GUI scripting feature which is called "custom actions".

Sultan has also made it easier to be able to switch devices and still keep all the settings that you have set. The app will be able to be backed up on either the device memory or onto your SD card.

This is just a quick glance at the newest updates. He still has all the great features that he had before. Like the ability to have individual custom LED colors for unlimited SMS/BBM contacts, and all the convenient popups.

If you already have Advance OS and LED on your phone then keep a eye out in BlackBerry App World for the update. If you never have tried this great app then its time for you to see what you have been missing. Head over to BlackBerry App World to download the current version and then keep checking back for the update as well.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/45506
    Last edited by jordan559; 03-24-12 at 12:39 PM.
    03-20-12 01:40 PM
    Man o Man,
    This APP is the best so far and by the look of things from the developer this will be a powerful app, with all this updates you give US.

I have one request and if is possible would be awesome actually i have two of them to be honest.

1. If you still working on the app and the update is it possible to have STAY ON on the app for example, when im browsing the web and read an article i would like to have my Back light on always or to set it up for an set time 5min. also for media would be awesome if we can bypass the password i find my self after a couple of song s i have to enter a password to choose another song.

2. Lock portrait mode or landscape within the app, i have another app i use for it but would be awesome if i have one app for all of this.

Thank you! Keep up the good work you are the best so far and i hope one day you'll win APP of the year.
    03-20-12 02:17 PM
    I have one request and if is possible would be awesome actually i have two of them to be honest.

Thank you! Keep up the good work you are the best so far and i hope one day you'll win APP of the year.
    request 1, is now part of the new quick launch feature, it doesnt matter what app you open, just assign the camera side key to AOS&L and use it on your browser, you will immediately see the screen posted above. (yes, there is a backlight option ).

request 2, its a good and simple idea, but i still support 4.6.1. however after version 11 (coming very soon), i will support only OS 5 and above. so i can add it in my next release

APP of the year title is only an advertisement used to trick people into buying commercial apps (reminds me of WWF that got renamed to WWE, since it was all fake, lol) at the moment im making millions of people happy, who needs fake advertizements
    03-20-12 02:42 PM
    Thank you! you are the best sultan. cant w8 to have this new update you are working on it.
    And if is like that then screw it, i will consider your app the best of all the time. Not to mention i already hook up 5 friends with this app 2 of them switched (including me) from BeBuzz to you awesome multi functional app.

Sick and tiered of paid Updates!

Thank you you are the best!
    animallover20 likes this.
    03-21-12 12:58 PM
    Thank you! you are the best sultan. cant w8 to have this new update you are working on it.
    And if is like that then screw it, i will consider your app the best of all the time. Not to mention i already hook up 5 friends with this app 2 of them switched (including me) from BeBuzz to you awesome multi functional app.

Sick and tiered of paid Updates!

Thank you you are the best!
    the update just got submitted to App World for approval, its a matter of time now.

i will update my facebook fan page with log changes as soon as my app gets approved ( besides the ones listed here, there are few more updates which were made after this post was submitted )
    03-21-12 03:05 PM
    EASILY my favorite app to make my BB look unique.
    03-21-12 03:54 PM
    This app just keeps getting better! When the dust settles on this I'll be able to ditch at least half a dozen other apps
    UnknownError507 likes this.
    03-21-12 11:04 PM
    Bravo bravo bravo!
    03-22-12 06:39 AM
    Thanks Sultan for looking after us!
    03-22-12 11:49 AM
    The original award winning app QuickLaunch™ by NikkiSoft is better.

QuickLaunch™
    Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-22-12 at 04:26 PM.
    03-22-12 01:09 PM
    The original award winning app QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft is better.
    LOL, getting paid much?
    03-22-12 02:04 PM
    LOL, getting paid much?
    Haha!! Clever post!

QuickLaunch™ Version 4 is now available for OS7 Devices

Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-22-12 at 04:27 PM.
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-22-12 02:15 PM
    The original award winning app QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft is better.
    Loool, my app new quicklaunch feature is not even available yet, how can you say QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft is better

No pressure my fellow developer, it was brave of you to interfere in my app's post in such a way, im sure you have dedicated fans who will stick by you no matter what

A software competition is always healthy, my app was able to enhance few competitor's apps (also major bb apps) in bb market, since they tried to match what i provide, that's what i call a clean challenge and its all about apps competing fair and square , and its fun.

You should also be able to learn and improve your app once my app's new quicklaunch future comes out anytime tomorrow. i dont mind sharing my techniques with you, just ask me anytime
    nmburns likes this.
    03-22-12 02:27 PM
    Sure. Please email me your techniques. I'd appreciate that.
    Since you've used my app's name and function to promote your app I figured you wouldn't mind me promoting my app in your thread. Thanks!

habs_fan and stormsurvivor like this.
    03-22-12 02:49 PM
    Sure. Please email me your techniques. I'd appreciate that.
    Since you've used my app's name and function to promote your app I figured you wouldn't mind me promoting my app in your thread. Thanks!
    i see, your unhappy, i believe its the other way around though, im currently promoting your app, my app sits at the very top (top 25 downloaded free apps) in App World, thats 20,000 - 40,000+ downloads everyday, without even having quicklaunch feature. where does your app rank in the real world, with real competition.

dont get me wrong, be my guest and promote as much as you want, you might even get few thousands people try your app now that you mentioned it here
    03-22-12 03:06 PM
    I'm happy you are promoting my app. Thanks.
    20,000? wow. that's pretty impressive. I'm looking forward to maybe getting a sale or two from that. I really appreciate your help!

QuickLaunch™ by NikkiSoft

Last edited by CheetahAce; 03-22-12 at 04:26 PM.
    03-22-12 03:49 PM
    I'm happy you are promoting my app. Thanks.
    20,000? wow. that's pretty impressive. I'm looking forward to maybe getting a sale or two from that. I really appreciate your help!
    lol, your funny kid. best of luck
    03-22-12 04:01 PM
    Thanks. Good luck to you too.

QuickLaunch� by NikkiSoft
    03-22-12 04:19 PM
    Loool, my app new quicklaunch feature is not even available yet, how can you say QuickLaunch by NikkiSoft is better
    My thoughts exactly.
    If you needed any more proof that Sultan contributions took the world of BB apps by storm, you need only look at the above few posts: looks like he put quite a few ppl to sweat. Sultan: You are awesome. Devs should learn from you.
    nmburns and Sultan Al Sooz like this.
    03-22-12 04:43 PM
    Does anyone have an OTA for the latest AOSL?
    03-22-12 05:54 PM
    Does anyone have an OTA for the latest AOSL?
    Here's a link to his website. From there u have to click the FB tab and like the page and then wait for a second or so and it will open a OTA for u to download.
    http://www.alsooz.com/
    03-22-12 06:12 PM
    Is the latest version 10.5?
    03-22-12 06:54 PM
    Its the latest that's been released so far. V11.0 will be released any day now though. Download the 10.5 and set it up so ur ready for the V11.0.
    03-22-12 07:29 PM
    Ahh ok yeah I downloaded, V10.5 but have seen screen shots from newer versions,
    03-22-12 08:25 PM
    The screen shots came from me. I was testing the app for Sultan b4 the release that's why I had the higher versions. The new version 11.0 has been submitted to BB App World so it should be out any day now.
    03-22-12 08:51 PM
87 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD