Not having some apps ready for release of os7 is just abouts forgivable, but come on..... come of weeks down the road still none of the apps I want

Maybe BB should take a leaf out of Apple's book and release the OS to developers first so that their apps are updated and ready.

At this rate I'm gonna be getting the IP4 back out of its box.
    08-28-11 08:16 AM
    I don't think it will be that long but I do miss my dropbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-11 08:19 AM
    dropbox
    ebay
    paypal
    sky news, sport, record, skygo
    vnc client
    on and on it goes
    08-28-11 08:22 AM
    Why don't you try writing to the developers and ask about it? Though I agree that RIM dropped the ball on this.. I guess it's also partly because developers don't see the incentive to develop apps for BB. If the adoption rate of BBOS7 devices are as amazing as some people here say.. Why are the total number of apps on App World still not budging much?

08-28-11 10:26 AM
    Shazam
    LinkedIn
    TubeMap
    eBay
    Amazon
    Disctionary.com
    OpenTable
    Road Mania

To name a few...
    08-28-11 10:39 AM
    Snaptu works, now.

You can get opentable from getjar.
    08-28-11 12:25 PM
    You guys do realize everything that works on OS6, works on OS7 right? It might not be in the app manager, but you can still install it by downloading it manually. I did that for some of my apps.

thewird
    08-28-11 12:28 PM
    They're getting there, last time I looked I had 64 uninstalled, now there's 85 of them.

Jaguarr40 likes this.
    08-28-11 12:28 PM
    You guys do realize everything that works on OS6, works on OS7 right? It might not be in the app manager, but you can still install it by downloading it manually. I did that for some of my apps.

thewird
    How bout Pandora?

That is the best app off all time!
    08-28-11 01:03 PM
    Hmmm, i dont have OS6, I have OS7? and just want the apps to work....... And I also didnt pay �500 for a handset to then start emailing developers to make the apps compatible, sometimes wonder what the big companies really think of customers when they release new products with next to no support or software available, and may well be getting there, but nowhere near fast enough.

Blackberry always seemed to have the edge when it came to business like phones and email, but now? all can do email well, and push email if you set them up right! BB have released a great handset here but the lack of apps is letting it down!! and I dont mean hundreds of useless apps and games, I mean the handfull of "tools" I use/need on a daily basis.
    08-28-11 01:28 PM
    OS7 is actually OS6.1 which is really just OS6 with minor improvements. So anything that is for OS6 will work on OS7. There is no need to update the app for compatibility and even touchscreen works. Its just the App world doesn't have it labeled as OS7 compatible because the developer is lazy/slow/forgot.

A lot of apps for the blackberry don't ever show up in the app world. You find what you want, download it and install, simple as that. If your just relying on the app world for apps, you're missing out.

thewird
    08-28-11 01:33 PM
    OS7 is actually OS6.1 which is really just OS6 with minor improvements. So anything that is for OS6 will work on OS7. There is no need to update the app for compatibility and even touchscreen works. Its just the App world doesn't have it labeled as OS7 compatible because the developer is lazy/slow/forgot.

A lot of apps for the blackberry don't ever show up in the app world. You find what you want, download it and install, simple as that. If your just relying on the app world for apps, you're missing out.

thewird
    OK, please help me then, 1st I'm after ebay/paypal as I run an ebay business and need that to work
    08-28-11 01:36 PM
    Not having some apps ready for release of os7 is just abouts forgivable, but come on..... come of weeks down the road still none of the apps I want

Maybe BB should take a leaf out of Apple's book and release the OS to developers first so that their apps are updated and ready.

Please do and "leaf" us alone!
    dani-b likes this.
    08-28-11 03:07 PM

And at this time, I'm returning my Macbook pro that get so hot that I can cook eggs on it...Seriously. I mean, how can such a well known company release such rubbish?
    08-28-11 03:09 PM
    Pandora
    Dictionary.com

How come nobody mentioned Pandora till the 9th post?...one of the most popular apps for music entertainment out there and still not compatible with OS7?...my guess is that RiM is trying to push their Slacker app onto to us ...and Dictionary one of the most useful school utility apps out there not available when college (and most schools in general) are about to start....please guys hurry up and get those apps available already
    08-28-11 05:46 PM
    There are a couple other posts with compatible/incompatible lists. I think that the comments about all OS6 apps being compatible isn't true.

When I ran device switch wizzard, it totally messed things up because a few OS6 apps became unstable. At the time, it was the then current version of App World 3 from the beta zone, WeatherEye, Ascendo Datavault and at least another one or two. AppWorld V3 required an update before it would work. There still aren't versions of WeatherEye or DataVault that will run.

Other apps which App World said weren't compatible with the device, like ScoreMobileFC likely would have run just fine. My point is not to make assumptions.

08-28-11 06:37 PM

thewird
    thanks so much. i really doubted you but i decided to try restoring/installing all my 9800 3rd party apps i backed up on my PC when i was selling my 9800, after my 9900 arrived.

i remembered that i had issues with them when i used DM. so this time around i used BBSAK.

Alas !!! it worked like a charm. BBSAK installed them in 10mins. 36 apps that i had missed for 2 weeks are all working.

Even my paid apps are working. all i had to do is to change my PIN in the app maker website.

thanks bro. you are the best. i wonder why i didnt think of using BBSAK
    08-29-11 12:11 AM
    There are a couple other posts with compatible/incompatible lists. I think that the comments about all OS6 apps being compatible isn't true.

When I ran device switch wizzard, it totally messed things up because a few OS6 apps became unstable. At the time, it was the then current version of App World 3 from the beta zone, WeatherEye, Ascendo Datavault and at least another one or two. AppWorld V3 required an update before it would work. There still aren't versions of WeatherEye or DataVault that will run.

Other apps which App World said weren't compatible with the device, like ScoreMobileFC likely would have run just fine. My point is not to make assumptions.

I've been running Weathereye myself since the day I bought the phone as I've always had it on my homescreen on the 9700. It runs fine and updates every 30 minutes as its supposed to.

thewird
    08-29-11 12:52 AM
    Bring these apps in!!

-Tetris
    -Angry birds
    -ebay
    -amazon
    -craigslist app
    -an official theme store

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-29-11 12:54 AM
    These Apps work great for me on my Rogers unlocked via AT&T. I am a Happy camper.
    Beejive
    Word Search
    Cut The cable (game)
    Wallpaper changer
    Iheartradio
    BankofAmerica (landscape) but I can live with that!
    MiniPaint
    Now to just get MaraTick working! Which I intend to figure out next. Any suggestions would be appreciated on this great little application!

Last edited by slpayton01; 08-30-11 at 09:51 AM. Reason: mis-spell
    08-30-11 03:24 AM

thewird
    Thank you so much! It took me a moment but you are so right and now I have my apps intalled!

08-30-11 03:27 AM

thewird
    I have tried and tried to do this with the last 2 or 3 apps I need to update, but without success - mainly Sky Sports app and ebay. Whatever I try to do I always end up back at the app store being told "this is unavailable for your device".

Any pointers would be appreciated............
    08-30-11 05:23 AM
    thanks so much. i really doubted you but i decided to try restoring/installing all my 9800 3rd party apps i backed up on my PC when i was selling my 9800, after my 9900 arrived.

i remembered that i had issues with them when i used DM. so this time around i used BBSAK.

Alas !!! it worked like a charm. BBSAK installed them in 10mins. 36 apps that i had missed for 2 weeks are all working.

Even my paid apps are working. all i had to do is to change my PIN in the app maker website.

thanks bro. you are the best. i wonder why i didnt think of using BBSAK
    Are you able to share your eBay app files?
    08-30-11 06:23 AM
    Why don't you try writing to the developers and ask about it? Though I agree that RIM dropped the ball on this.. I guess it's also partly because developers don't see the incentive to develop apps for BB. If the adoption rate of BBOS7 devices are as amazing as some people here say.. Why are the total number of apps on App World still not budging much?
    What makes you say it was RIM that dropped the ball?

They've been talking about OS7 all over their developer blog for months now, including updated simulators, development SDKs, etc. They've also been sending e-mails to developers asking them to update for OS7. And as already said, OS7 isn't really that different than OS 6. Most of the time, the only work needed will be clicking some extra checkboxes on AppWorld's vendor portal. (The only interesting device-specific quirk will be the Bold 9900, being a touch-screen device that probably works better with non-touch-sized app UIs.)

The problem isn't RIM. Its developers who see apps as one-off throw-away projects, versus things that need regular maintenance and upkeep.
    08-30-11 07:45 AM

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ncerns-644439/
    08-30-11 09:06 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD