Now that Color ID is free til May in the US, I got a question which of these app should I use?
    03-06-12 04:32 PM
    I will stay with Advance OS and LED. It has so many more options built into the app. Its not just a LED app. Advance OS and LED is much smaller in size as well. The support is outstanding and he continues to add things into the app which just makes it the one app I need.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-06-12 10:37 PM
    I will stay with Advance OS and LED. It has so many more options built into the app. Its not just a LED app. Advance OS and LED is much smaller in size as well. The support is outstanding and he continues to add things into the app which just makes it the one app I need.
    I agree with what you said since I've been using it for months. Would like to see someone defend Color ID.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-06-12 11:01 PM
    Now that Color ID is free til May in the US, I got a question which of these app should I use?
    Color ID compared to Advance OS and LED, lol

Does Color ID have Email BIS/BES accounts LED (not just individual contacts LED) ?

Does Color ID have Network and Battery LEDs ?

Does Color ID have Facebook, Whatsapp, twitter, Gtalk, yahoo, tasks and calendar LEDs?

Does Color ID have Custom apps where you can practically customize the LED for any app notification installed, including built-in notifications like PIN message, Visual Voice Mail, Level 1, etc.. ?

Does Color ID have Night LED profile switching and scheduling ?

The list goes on and on, and thats just the LED option in Advance OS and LED, there are popups, screenshots, phone calls features, sound alerts, etc...

and still Advance OS and LED size is under 170kb
    Last edited by Sultan Al Sooz; 03-07-12 at 12:07 AM.
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-06-12 11:59 PM
    Color ID compared to Advance OS and LED, lol

Does Color ID have Email BIS/BES accounts LED (not just individual contacts LED) ?

Does Color ID have Network and Battery LEDs ?

Does Color ID have Facebook, Whatsapp, twitter, Gtalk, yahoo, tasks and calendar LEDs?

Does Color ID have Custom apps where you can practically customize the LED for any app notification installed, including built-in notifications like PIN message, Visual Voice Mail, Level 1, etc.. ?

Does Color ID have Night LED profile switching and scheduling ?

The list goes on and on, and thats just the LED option in Advance OS and LED, there are popups, screenshots, phone calls features, sound alerts, etc...

and still Advance OS and LED size is under 170kb
    More valid points on why I should stick with Advanced OS and LED...
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-07-12 12:22 AM
    The author summed it up best. AO&L does a lot, combines functions from a variety of apps, has great support and there's more coming. Unless ALL you want is colors for individual contacts, it doesn't make sense not to use AO&L. If you're like me, once you find out how much you like the different colors for individuals, you're going to want to try colors for different functions. Which means changing apps. If you start with full capability, you can add more functions as you discover you want them. Not uninstall one, install another and have to redo what you started in the other app.
    03-07-12 12:23 AM
    Also, although Color ID is free NOW... what happens when the "complimentary" period expires and there are updates?

Sultan has always said that Advanced OS & LED will be free... always, no matter the update.

I will stick with Sultan and all the goodies that AOS&L provides!

Thank you Sultan!
    Willard814 likes this.
    03-07-12 09:21 AM
    We had the same concern when agreeing to the App World promotion terms, but RIM assured us that it would work out in the end. That being said, we have never charged for an update to ANY of the applications we have developed thus far. Your complimentary version of Color ID holds the same weight as the version others paid $5.99 for (Same goes for the complimentary version of Screen Muncher). Comped users receive all the same updates and support we offer to the rest of the world. Case in point, you will notice that release v2.2.4 has been uploaded for both the complimentary and full price versions.

As for which app is better, that is for you to decide. We built Color ID to be as simple as possible to use while also being versatile. I am not aware of any LED apps that let you add more email addresses or phone numbers than you already have entered for a contact in your address book. You aren't limited to a per-contact color combination. You could create your own custom color combination called "work" or "family" and enter all the pertinent domains, addresses and phone numbers necessary to achieve that. As for app support, we decided against that because our application focuses on the origin of the message as opposed to what medium was used to send it.

If we had the ability to set the price differently according to the locale, we would. But since we're limited to one global price, we have to keep it @ $5.99usd. But don't get us wrong, if we were Sultans, we would probably offer Color ID for free too

nige
    Sultan Al Sooz and Willard814 like this.
    03-14-12 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD